Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Boat. Might do a little Bank fishing at night at the campsite. And as far as species, whatever is hitting good. Probably mainly bass though.

Can't go wrong with jigs, crankbaits, swimbaits or jerkbaits. It just depends on what they want to bite on that day. I've had really good luck in open water with bullshad mulit jointed swimbaits around this time of year.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Try a floating plastic frog from the boat. Find a steep bank and try and land the frog right on it or as shallow as you can get. Caught many a bass lurking near the overhanging branches waiting for a tasty morsel to drop in. Same for a really weedy area. The frogs are weedless and you can run them through just about any area.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Try a floating plastic frog from the boat. Find a steep bank and try and land the frog right on it or as shallow as you can get. Caught many a bass lurking near the overhanging branches waiting for a tasty morsel to drop in. Same for a really weedy area. The frogs are weedless and you can run them through just about any area.
I'll pick some up for sure.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Can't go wrong with jigs, crankbaits, swimbaits or jerkbaits. It just depends on what they want to bite on that day. I've had really good luck in open water with bullshad mulit jointed swimbaits around this time of year.
Yeah, I read shallow cranks are doing good right now.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Natural colour works better in my opinion over loud colours. I used to land then on the water at the bank's edge with a plop, then twitch to simulate swimming out and you'd be surprised how many times it got eaten.

Reactions: Rwjeter

the_great_white

The Father of Karlvv and the Legend he tries to be
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
The Interwebs!
Brent Taylor used the cut tail of a bass and placed it further back on his actual catch, covering the cut with his hand, making the bass appear longer than it actually was.

https://scout.com/outdoors/bass-fis...yak-Fishing-Tournament-118610797/#118610797_1

8412231.jpg

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Wtf they are really taking him to court. Talk about a waste of tax dollars.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
This does not surprise me.

After the bass tournament incident I had on the Nav Channel a couple months ago, my opinion of bass guys went way down. (from a really low spot to start with)

I was catfishing/jugging from kayak and these morons had cut loose upstream in their small-penis compensation boats. After dang near getting run over that AM, many of them caused havoc for other people in the cove nearby. (no wake zone, kids playing) Bass boyz flew in, full speed, played with their worms a minute, sped off.

I freaking hate laws and regulations - but I'd like to see the guys that sanction these events take safety (if not manners) seriously.
This kayak dude cheating (WTF) is an example of how these "sportsmen" lose sight of what's important.

Rant off. (FWIW, I do fish for bass occasionally, but just for fun)

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
O'lady got me a trip for my birthday weekend, next weekend!

This is my 1st time deep sea / offshore fishing! Trip is down off St. Simmons.

Anything special I should plan for?

What's a good tip to leave?

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Sunscreen and a big hat.

Other than that, I got nuttin'...

Oh, and wow, your wife done good!

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
O'lady got me a trip for my birthday weekend, next weekend!

This is my 1st time deep sea / offshore fishing! Trip is down off St. Simmons.

Anything special I should plan for?

What's a good tip to leave?

I want to pick your brain when you get back. My wife wants to go out fishing in the ocean. I have no clue where to start. Good luck and happy fishing.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed