To host or not to host.

American Revival Apparel Company

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
So I've got this idea in my head, but I'm having a little trouble talking myself into it. Every time a discussion about .22 pistols comes up I completely forget that I own this thing because I never shoot unsuppressed anymore. I got this 1951 Colt Woodsman from my grandfather who has since passed. I'm sure it's just something he got on trade somewhere so there's no sentimental attachment to the originality of it and I'll never get rid of it so I don't give shit what it's worth before or after I cut it.

It's the best shooting .22 pistol I've ever owned and I think it would make a killer host, but am I crazy for wanting to cut this thing down? If I decide to do it, who should I send it to?

What say ye SET? Would you cut it? Would it be a good host? I'd hate to cut it down and ten find out there's some reason it won't cycle suppressed or something.

IMG_8251.JPG

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
^^^ This

I'd try the replacement barrel cut and thread if suppressing it interests you but be able to leave it in its original form too sice it shoots so well now.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Looks like replacement barrels aren't that expensive or hard to find.... Cut the replacement barrel and thread on the can! Keep the original and switch back if there's ever an issue. Looks like the new barrel is cheaper than most places would thread one.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/183470.htm

Actually, this one looks closer and is cheaper:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/935460.htm
This never even crossed my mind, because I didn't even think that anyone would be selling replacement barrels.

Thanks for your google-fu.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
This never even crossed my mind, because I didn't even think that anyone would be selling replacement barrels.

Thanks for your google-fu.

Nah- I've ordered lots of little parts from Numrich over the years. They are king of the gun "pick and pull" yard. I don't know where they get their parts, but damn, they seem to have almost everything.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Nah- I've ordered lots of little parts from Numrich over the years. They are king of the gun "pick and pull" yard. I don't know where they get their parts, but damn, they seem to have almost everything.
It had a busted Bakelite grip when I got it. Never could find any online, but happened across a set at a gun show. Only reason I go to gun shows anymore is for stuff like that. If he'd had a barrel I probably wouldn't even have noticed at that time.