Recipe Tips / recipes for grilling corn on the cob?

American Revival Apparel Company

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
my method is to dehusk, coat in butter, salt-n-peppa, and then tinfoil. grill for ten to fifteen on medium heat or away from the direct flame on a charcoal grill.

take off, let cool, and add more butter.

goes well with copious amounts of steak, barbecue chicken, sausage etc.

if you're a vegetarian, cut the husk in half with a sharp knife and then stab yourself in the neck. just kidding...but not really.

Reactions: sam

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I realize I'm late to the party, but... I had to get better at cooking corn after marrying my midwestern wife.

I like to use flavored butter for grilling corn. And as for grilling, I strip off all but about four layers of husk. Fold those down, remove silks, then fold the husks back up once the flavoring is on the corn.

The 'dessert' corn butter: stick of melted butter mixed with one tablespoon of sugar and one half tablespoon of cinamon. Cool until it's solid again and rub on corn. Fold the husks back up and (as my wife taught me) cook until it smells 'corny'... I use medium heat and turn every 10 minutes or so.

Mexican corn butter: stick melted butter mixed with about a half teaspoon of cumin and a half teaspoon of oregano (both powdered, not flake). Mix in about a tablespoon of lime juice. Cool it down, rub on corn, and grill as above.

Everyday corn butter: melted stick of butter with about a teaspoon of seasoned salt. I really like @freedom 's addition of mayo- should cook down really well. Apply seasoned salt butter to corn and grill it up.

Reactions: sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
my method is to dehusk, coat in butter, salt-n-peppa, and then tinfoil. grill for ten to fifteen on medium heat or away from the direct flame on a charcoal grill.

take off, let cool, and add more butter.

goes well with copious amounts of steak, barbecue chicken, sausage etc.

if you're a vegetarian, cut the husk in half with a sharp knife and then stab yourself in the neck. just kidding...but not really.
that's fucked up

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I've never heard of pine cones for grilling. Always stayed away from pine due to the resin. What do you like about them?
They make some excellent smokey meats and veggies.
But not dry pine cones, has to be the green ones that have not opened up.
Flavor is intense. That's how I do vidalia onions, red peppers, eggplant, trout, and sometimes steak.

Reactions: George P. Burdell

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I realize I'm late to the party, but... I had to get better at cooking corn after marrying my midwestern wife.

I like to use flavored butter for grilling corn. And as for grilling, I strip off all but about four layers of husk. Fold those down, remove silks, then fold the husks back up once the flavoring is on the corn.

The 'dessert' corn butter: stick of melted butter mixed with one tablespoon of sugar and one half tablespoon of cinamon. Cool until it's solid again and rub on corn. Fold the husks back up and (as my wife taught me) cook until it smells 'corny'... I use medium heat and turn every 10 minutes or so.

Mexican corn butter: stick melted butter mixed with about a half teaspoon of cumin and a half teaspoon of oregano (both powdered, not flake). Mix in about a tablespoon of lime juice. Cool it down, rub on corn, and grill as above.

Everyday corn butter: melted stick of butter with about a teaspoon of seasoned salt. I really like @freedom 's addition of mayo- should cook down really well. Apply seasoned salt butter to corn and grill it up.

My wife made a corn salad this weekend that was good. I think it had green onions, tomato, cucumber and a little jalapeño in it, maybe something else too. The dressing was mayo, avocado, lime juice and cilantro blended up I believe.

But I smoked the corn around 225 for an hour with pecan. Turned out good. I've grilled corn plenty but never smoked it before.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I soaked my corn for a couple hours in salt water, last night boiled 8 minutes was AMAZING