Thread for posting things that nobody cares about.

I.D.-ten-T

Professional Knucklehead
Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Here
Zip code
Thinking about going back to school...
You’ll likely do better to get certifications in whatever field you’re interested in than a degree. I went back to school for a degree and wasted a lot of time and money taking unrelated courses to fill gen-ed requirements, then when it was time to start my major, I couldn’t get into the classes I needed. Switching majors didn’t work because many of the classes I’d taken were specific to the major I’d started and were useless if I changed direction.
It’s a racket.

Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
You’ll likely do better to get certifications in whatever field you’re interested in than a degree. I went back to school for a degree and wasted a lot of time and money taking unrelated courses to fill gen-ed requirements, then when it was time to start my major, I couldn’t get into the classes I needed. Switching majors didn’t work because many of the classes I’d taken were specific to the major I’d started and were useless if I changed direction.
It’s a racket.
The BLA in extension studies is pretty forgiving...something like half the credits can be essentially elective.