Thread for posting things nobody cares about...

I.D.-ten-T

Not clever or interesting at all...YAWN...
Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Here
Zip code
@GA Boy

Dr. Patrick Melder

770-505-0023

Typically works out of Paulding Wellstar Hospital, his office is near there.

This guy was an Army surgeon at Walter Reed, where he also worked on putting back together guys wounded overseas.
He's very efficient, and possibly a little abrupt in his manners, but don't be put off - he's great at figuring out a problem and fixing it.

My surgery was an experimental one, he used skin grafts inside my throat to help the sites heal better. Other doctors who've seen me have remarked that they couldn't see any scarring or signs of surgery other than missing tonsils, and the deviated septum in my nose (2nd surgery, first Doc didn't fix it right) plus the "Roto-Rootering" of the nasal passages has been a godsend. I can BREATHE!!!

Since then, he told me he's got a far better way to do the procedures he did on me, that require far less time for recovery and are much less painful.
I told him I didn't care if it hurt twice as much, I'd do it again in a heart beat. Saved my life.

A nice side-effect has been that my singing voice, which was decent, has improved because I don't have a sore throat every week.

Reactions: GA Boy

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
What is this "Search Engine Optimization" thing, and can it make my truck go faster too?

No, really, how does that thing work? Will it make the stuff we post here easier for non-members to find? 'Cause if so, I got a whole bunch of shit to delete!!!
Search engine optimization is exactly what it sounds like. It optimizes the results people see when using search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. If there is a dedicated thread on a specific topic it's more likely to show up on a search engine than if it's in the middle of a 5,000 page thread that's not focused on any specific topic.

Reactions: Grunk

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Alright guys(and Karl), we are trying to get some more content in the other forums to help improve our search engine optimization in order to try to help the site grow. If you have something to post that would fit in one of the other forums could you guys please post a new thread in the correct sub-forum? A lot of good content gets lost in here and buried under a bunch of other useless stuff. I am just as guilty as anyone of this too and I'm going to try to work on it. @dougiemac works really hard at trying to help this site grow and he might get mad at me for posting this but he has not made a penny off of this site since it's inception. He believes in this site and all of us and he is willing to put in the time and money right now in hopes of one day being able to just break even in order to give people what he(and a lot of other people) feels that was missing from other forums. I want to continue to have this site and be allowed the freedoms here that we are not allowed on other sites. Search engine optimization is really important to help the site grow. Word of mouth and all of the marketing that Doug does only goes so far. SEO is a great way to reach people that maybe wouldn't have seen any of the marketing stuff that Doug does or doesn't know anyone here in order to hear about us through word of mouth. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and trying to help us grow this site into what we know it can become.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been doing that mostly just with political stuff. I'll try to do it with other stuff as well.