Thread for posting things nobody cares about...

Grunk

Dog-Faced Pony Soldier
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
In a follow-up to my post about a Pennsylvania judge striking down the governor's covid stupidity, I have this. The media has made a big deal out of Judge Stickman being a "Trump appointee." Despite their many faults & flaws, Trump & Mitch McConnell have been doing yeoman' work appointing Constitutionally-supportive judges throughout the federal system. That gives me a little bit of hope & is probably the single biggest reason to re-elect Trump IMHO.

US District Judge William S. Stickman IV wrote in a 66-page ruling that said Gov. Tom Wolf’s actions violated constitutional guarantees of the rights to free assembly, due process & equal protection made the following statements:

"Good intentions toward a laudable end are not enough to uphold governmental action against a constitutional challenge.”

“The constitution cannot accept the concept of a ‘new normal’ where the basic liberties of the people can be subordinated to open-ended emergency mitigation measures. Rather, the constitution sets certain lines that may not be crossed, even in an emergency. Actions taken by defendants crossed those lines.”

Specifically, Judge Stickman determined the limitations on gatherings were arbitrary & not tailored in a sufficiently narrow manner, & that the decisions Wolf’s administration made regarding which businesses were “life-sustaining” were also arbitrary & changed several times throughout the pandemic.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Fucking 2020, and that bitch Sally.
Gulf Shores took a direct hit.
Daughter’s beach wedding is scheduled for Saturday.
I’ve got to get this girl married (off the payroll)

Walk them down to the courthouse. Then go get them burgers from Checkers. That's literally what my wife and I did one Friday 10 years ago.