The woodworking thread...

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Got some organization done over the last couple of weeks. It freed up a bunch of space I desperately needed.

My scrap wood “tool wall” it’s only attached to the wall in two places due to wiring and pipes behind the wall The weight is all on the workbench.
View attachment 47878

All my measuring and layout tools. I have developed a problem with expensive measuring things
View attachment 47879View attachment 47880View attachment 47881
Looks way nicer than my shop area... I'd take a picture, but there's an inch of sawdust on everything.

It's kind of like playing in a sandbox really.

Reactions: AtlMedic

erkinator

Mid Life Crisis Student
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
That’s about how mine was. It was to the point that it was interfering with getting anything done due to the mess.

now that basement is done I am going to tackle the mess in garage,meaning ,clean, organize and finally having a true place to work. Complete with dust vacuum system. Its going to be monumental project but that's going to be my spring,summer project. I like your setup. I do need to update some hand saws and clamps. I have stuff from 35 years ago.

Reactions: dial1911

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Finally got the numbers up on the post I made. We had our house painted and they painted the post. I was at work and they didn’t do as much sanding/filling as I would have done but it is what it is.
View attachment 50015
Looks good. have you given any more thought to doing this as a side business?

Reactions: AtlMedic

I.D.-ten-T

I yam wut I yam ‘n that’s all that I yam
Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Here
Zip code
Yeah. I still plan to. We are in the process of selling our house so I am waiting till after we move into our new house and can have a dedicated wood shop.
Where ya movin to?
I know a guy with a cabinet business that can use good people who know how to build stuff right...