Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The long and short of it is this. We have to be willing to accept some negative when doing the right thing. Like with gun rights. We understand that in a country with the highest rate of gun ownership that there will inevitably be more accidents involving firearms, it's just going to happen statistically. That isn't a reason to trash the second amendment though, or impose restrictions that limit freedoms that border on human rights.

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
The long and short of it is this. We have to be willing to accept some negative when doing the right thing. Like with gun rights. We understand that in a country with the highest rate of gun ownership that there will inevitably be more accidents involving firearms, it's just going to happen statistically. That isn't a reason to trash the second amendment though, or impose restrictions that limit freedoms that border on human rights.

Although I agree with the idea, I do believe that we need to tighten our boarders and vet people coming into our country more diligently. And if that means a moratorium on a specific group that poses a threat until we have a process and system defined and in place to vet those individuals, then I'm okay with that.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Although I agree with the idea, I do believe that we need to tighten our boarders and vet people coming into our country more diligently. And if that means a moratorium on a specific group that poses a threat until we have a process and system defined and in place to vet those individuals, then I'm okay with that.
The main problem has not been with recent refugees, but with radicalized citizens. It's unfortunate for the US, because the main strength and advantage we have versus countries like France and Belgium is assimilation. Foreign born citizens and refugees get support here, and integrate into society much, much better than they do in the previously mentioned countries. It's partially because we are a nation of immigrants, and as citizens we do a decent job of making people feel welcome. This isn't the case in France and Belgium where there are massive communities of foreign born citizens and residents that do not feel like they are part of the fabric of the country.
Comments like those from Ted Cruz and Donald Trump severely strain that relationship we have, and undermine that strength that we have created.

I agree wholeheartedly with the Ex-CIA Chief Michael Hayden, he is after all, a true expert.

Read and listen to this interview for some excellent information.

I don't think you'll find a better assessment of the situation.

http://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...e-needs-to-get-better-at-sharing-intelligence

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
The main problem has not been with recent refugees, but with radicalized citizens. It's unfortunate for the US, because the main strength and advantage we have versus countries like France and Belgium is assimilation. Foreign born citizens and refugees get support here, and integrate into society much, much better than they do in the previously mentioned countries. It's partially because we are a nation of immigrants, and as citizens we do a decent job of making people feel welcome. This isn't the case in France and Belgium where there are massive communities of foreign born citizens and residents that do not feel like they are part of the fabric of the country.
Comments like those from Ted Cruz and Donald Trump severely strain that relationship we have, and undermine that strength that we have created.

I agree wholeheartedly with the Ex-CIA Chief Michael Hayden, he is after all, a true expert.

Read and listen to this interview for some excellent information.

I don't think you'll find a better assessment of the situation.

http://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...e-needs-to-get-better-at-sharing-intelligence

Yeah just like the co-workers of Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik from San Bernardino made them feel welcomed during their holiday party and previously before that the baby shower, etc. Maybe you would designate them as "radicalized citizens" because Farook was American born of Pakistani decent who married a radicalized Pakistani born, legalized American citizen, Malik. Regardless the common threat is radical Islam and from all accounts I've seen moderate Islam is right on their heels.

Even if we look at the bare numbers...

Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet. From 2010's estimates there are 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world. Of which 93% reject the acts of terrorism and violence (this percentage is considered very liberal now in 2016 as it is believed to be closer to 90%). But at 7% of 2010's numbers, that's 1,488,000,000 peaceful Muslims that live amongst us. However the flip side of that coin is there are approx. 112 MILLION radical Muslims that want to kill you, are currently training and planning to kill you. You must take this as a wake up call to be prepared, to seek out training, to put aside political correctiveness and "feelings". No one gives a shit about our feelings, nor theirs. It's about life and death, protecting your family and standing courageously in the face of terror, looking the evil straight in the eye and proclaiming, "NO MORE". If 9/11 did not wake you, or London did not wake you, or Paris did not wake you, or Brussels did not wake you, then I pray for you and your family that there are rough men who stand ready to do violence on your behalf to save you when the devil rears his head again on American soil. Be ready, be prepared, be vigilant. God Bless America.

Reference:
https://encounteringislam.org/misconceptions

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah just like the co-workers of Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik from San Bernardino made them feel welcomed during their holiday party and previously before that the baby shower, etc. Maybe you would designate them as "radicalized citizens" because Farook was American born of Pakistani decent who married a radicalized Pakistani born, legalized American citizen, Malik. Regardless the common threat is radical Islam and from all accounts I've seen moderate Islam is right on their heels.

Even if we look at the bare numbers...

Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet. From 2010's estimates there are 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world. Of which 93% reject the acts of terrorism and violence (this percentage is considered very liberal now in 2016 as it is believed to be closer to 90%). But at 7% of 2010's numbers, that's 1,488,000,000 peaceful Muslims that live amongst us. However the flip side of that coin is there are approx. 112 MILLION radical Muslims that want to kill you, are currently training and planning to kill you. You must take this as a wake up call to be prepared, to seek out training, to put aside political correctiveness and "feelings". No one gives a shit about our feelings, nor theirs. It's about life and death, protecting your family and standing courageously in the face of terror, looking the evil straight in the eye and proclaiming, "NO MORE". If 9/11 did not wake you, or London did not wake you, or Paris did not wake you, or Brussels did not wake you, then I pray for you and your family that there are rough men who stand ready to do violence on your behalf to save you when the devil rears his head again on American soil. Be ready, be prepared, be vigilant. God Bless America.

Reference:
https://encounteringislam.org/misconceptions
Like I said previously, zero tolerance is illogical. I'm not willing to sacrifice the very principles on which this country was founded just to make me feel safer from a threat that has been decreasing, and poses less of a risk than my television falling on me and killing me. I'm not buying into that propaganda, and I'm certainly not willing to sign away the very freedoms that I so appreciate under the guise of patriotism.
I'm not going to live like a frightened child hiding under the covers from a boogeyman that poses near zero risk.

Did you listen to the interview? It's worth your time.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
All I know is I clicked on a link to NPR and now my phone volume is stuck on "whisper".

Reactions: Laufen

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Like I said previously, zero tolerance is illogical. I'm not willing to sacrifice the very principles on which this country was founded just to make me feel safer from a threat that has been decreasing, and poses less of a risk than my television falling on me and killing me. I'm not buying into that propaganda, and I'm certainly not willing to sign away the very freedoms that I so appreciate under the guise of patriotism.
I'm not going to live like a frightened child hiding under the covers from a boogeyman that poses near zero risk.

Did you listen to the interview? It's worth your time.

i havent yet... sitting in back to back meetings all this week since it's the end of a development sprint for my software team.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
i havent yet... sitting in back to back meetings all this week since it's the end of a development sprint for my software team.
He was at the NSA and CIA. His insight is pretty sensible and seems spot on. Basically, marginalizing entire communities based on religion is incredibly counter-productive...it's exactly what Europe has done, to their detriment.

Reactions: dougiemac