The Verdict Is In... Vaccinate your Kids

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
I'm probably throwing gas on a fire everybody hoped was out, but what the hell. I'm not trying to start a fight and I don't want to call people names or attack anybody's intelligence or politics. So I'll post this here because it is fucking important but I'll probably not comment further because it seems pointless.

As I said before, I'm biased because of a childhood friend who died of measles and old enough that I visited people in iron lungs. Now, not only are measles cases increasing rapidly, new research is showing measles can screw up your immune system at least temporarily. Since my wife is dying from a screwed up immune system, I find allowing that to happen to others horrifying.

Reactions: Hoss and Liberty

Liberty

Sniper
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I'm probably throwing gas on a fire everybody hoped was out, but what the hell. I'm not trying to start a fight and I don't want to call people names or attack anybody's intelligence or politics. So I'll post this here because it is fucking important but I'll probably not comment further because it seems pointless.

As I said before, I'm biased because of a childhood friend who died of measles and old enough that I visited people in iron lungs. Now, not only are measles cases increasing rapidly, new research is showing measles can screw up your immune system at least temporarily. Since my wife is dying from a screwed up immune system, I find allowing that to happen to others horrifying.

Unfortunately using good judgement and sound reasoning is lost on anyone stupid enough not to immunize their children

*Edited to correct BBCode error -- Hoss

Last edited by a moderator:

erkinator

Mid Life Crisis Student
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
JMHO, has anyone asked who has been getting the measles? Maybe the crowds coming across the border. Those who maybe got it from the vaccine, those who already had the vaccine, or those who are americans who are un vaccinated. I`m honestly curious.

Reactions: Hoss

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Super Moderator
Mar 14, 2016
JMHO, has anyone asked who has been getting the measles? Maybe the crowds coming across the border. Those who maybe got it from the vaccine, those who already had the vaccine, or those who are americans who are un vaccinated. I`m honestly curious.
You can't get measles from the vaccine. Another misconception out there.

And the vaccine results in 97% of those who got both doses being completely immune to the virus. So while it is possible to get the vaccine and still get measles if you are in the 3% who don't develop the immunity (an immunity that can be tested for and re-vaccinated if necessary), it's unlikely.

It's not the vaccinated getting measles. And it's not just an American thing. Measles cases are up world wide.

And it's completely irrelevant whether it is the unvaccinated who immigrate here or those unvaccinated who live here. The fact that it is the unvaccinated is what's important. The increased cases tells us a somewhat concerning fact, that the overall herd immunity (especially in large cities like NY where the outbreak is the worst) is wearing down. This means an increased likelihood of the elderly, sick, and very young who can't get vaccinated coming into contact with the virus.