The official “Back before people became pussies” thread

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I grew up with a set of these. I am not that old though.
I grew up playing with them too and I’m 43. My granny had an old rusty set of them in her backyard. Me and my cousins would throw them up in the air as high as we could and anybody that ran away was a pussy. LOL

Reactions: Cudruln

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
It was good preparation for adulthood back then.

View attachment 50007
Most impressive to me--the guy on the right end has an empty fifth in his hand (maybe he drank it all, maybe it went all the way down the line to him) and the two guys on the left end look like they're firing up a doobie!

Reactions: Jones56

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I remember drinking water out of the hose outside... Pre-teens would die before drinking from a outside hose today. Pussies.
They’d probably scald the hell out of their mouths too because they wouldn’t know to let it run for a minute before drinking from it in the Summer.

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Do you still have it?
No way. I don't even remember what happened to it. Most likely got destroyed because I tried to fill the grenade with strike anywhere matchheads or put firecrackers in the rocket with the fuses out where I could light them or some such shit. I was hard on toys.

I had a plastic rifle like Check Connors from the Rifleman TV show, even made sounds when you worked the lever and shot it. I took a hacksaw to it to make a mare's leg like Steve McQueen carried in Wanted Dead or Alive.

I told the liberal ladies from Cali (my nephew's lesbian in-laws) this story and they asked how old I was. I said 6 or 7. They freaked out, "Did you mother know you had a hacksaw?" I said, "Oh yeah, she came out to be sure I wasn't cutting the barrel off my dad's .22 lever action." Then the Cali hysterics started about unsecured guns in a house with children! I briefly tried to explain life on a NC tobacco farm in the early 60s but gave up.