Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It seems that the potential threat environment has changed. 8 months ago I think carrying something like a j frame or LCP was perfectly fine, as the average threat level was like 1-2 attackers trying to rob you. Now, with the lawlessness in some parts of the country, and being so close to a potential hotspot, has your idea of actual needed capacity changed? I know the internet commando brigade will always say carrying anything less than 250 rounds of 9mm at all times will get you killed, but I live in realsville. I kinda think now one might need to make adjustments to carry a full size fighting pistol...because riots aka protests could turn violent quickly...
Thoughts?

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
I’ve stop pocket carrying in the last few months and kept my 365 with me at all times. Rifle in the car as well, personally I have changed what I used to do to match the reality we’re facing. You just never know right now

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I’ve stop pocket carrying in the last few months and kept my 365 with me at all times. Rifle in the car as well, personally I have changed what I used to do to match the reality we’re facing. You just never know right now
There does seem to have been a paradigm shift....and it saddens me deeply tbh

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
For instance, quick run to store a few months ago I would throw LCR in my pocket and roll with it. I do not do that now

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
For instance, quick run to store a few months ago I would throw LCR in my pocket and roll with it. I do not do that now
I'm considering carrying a pocket rocket and my 365xl. Or a full size pistol. I still sorta feel that it is overkill due to fearmongering...but then again...

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
I’ve haven’t carried less than a G19 sized gun in years. Normally one spare mag. Now a days I don’t carry less than that and a bag close by with medical, water, etc and 3 spare mags.

Edit: I recently swapped a smaller pistol out for a G17 in the bag I keep in my work truck. And like 5 mags

Reactions: KhyberPass

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
I'm considering carrying a pocket rocket and my 365xl. Or a full size pistol. I still sorta feel that it is overkill due to fearmongering...but then again...
I’d do both if I wasn’t in gym clothes most of the time.

Reactions: Shemp

Bigigloopt2

Meme boojahideen
Kalash Klub
Oct 31, 2019
Earth
I guess my real question is, is that legitimately the new threat environment for our area?
It isn’t until it is. The likelihood of that in N Ga is slim. But I’m not willing to take the chance. It takes one days drive from some of the areas riots have broken out to get the Atlanta and surrounding areas.. not getting caught with my pants down

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It isn’t until it is. The likelihood of that in N Ga is slim. But I’m not willing to take the chance. It takes one days drive from some of the areas riots have broken out to get the Atlanta and surrounding areas.. not getting caught with my pants down
You're not wrong

365XL isnt exactly low cap...but is it enough