Taxes 2019

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Wondering if anyone has taken the plunge yet and filed their taxes yet this year.

I think most all of my documents have arrived. Just not sure if the govt will shut down again.

Thinking they will have to push back thr April 15th deadline just because of the 1st shutdown.

What are your thoughts???

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Taxation is theft.

I hate dealing with taxes, my tax lady hates dealing with taxes. I usually claim just enough so I don't owe and the wife's business keeps us in the positive.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I agree. I have it worked out where I usually break even on my taxes. I watch my extra hours closely and when it looks like I am going to have a bunch of overtime, I up my 401k contribution for that same time period. I am not sure how you have your setup configured, @Cudruln, but something to consider. If you have Roth or other retirement savings it works the same. Also, since you have kids, I am sure you are taking advantage of education savings plans for your kid's college.

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I agree. I have it worked out where I usually break even on my taxes. I watch my extra hours closely and when it looks like I am going to have a bunch of overtime, I up my 401k contribution for that same time period. I am not sure how you have your setup configured, @Cudruln, but something to consider. If you have Roth or other retirement savings it works the same. Also, since you have kids, I am sure you are taking advantage of education savings plans for your kid's college.
If I am running up a large amount of over time I will go tax exempt for that week. I do that one week a year. I do have the kids college fund set up, but it is separate from any work related item. I do dump a decent amount into 401k but would rather have cash on hand, so I don't mess with it to much.