Faktory 47

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Looks like Taurus is stepping into the AR Game. The T4SA. It's made in America and as of right now, I'd buy it over a Springfield or RRA. That didn't feel right saying.... but seriously, I know Taurus got a bad wrap in the beginning, but the last several I've owned have been good shooters. Especially at the price point. I'm not gonna look down my nose at them as I'm sure some will. Though I do feel the MSRP of $1199 is too high. But we know street price should be significantly different.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/jeremy-s/new-taurus-t4sa-ar-15/amp/

IMG_0004.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: shootin4fun

War Paint

Frontiersman
Nov 23, 2015
Oxford ga
Zip code
Really....Taurus says they put over 300,000 rounds through these guns during development. Barrel life is well in excess of 10,000 rounds…A round count that the rifle seen above is apparently creeping up on (7,500+) without ever having received cleaning or lubrication.

Reactions: shootin4fun

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Really....Taurus says they put over 300,000 rounds through these guns during development. Barrel life is well in excess of 10,000 rounds…A round count that the rifle seen above is apparently creeping up on (7,500+) without ever having received cleaning or lubrication.
We'll see. I'm with the rest though. ARs prices are so far down right now they'll never sell at that price point. $600 maybe. But there are too many entry ARs from manufacturers with stellar performance and a better reputation company wise at a lot lower price point.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
wtf were they thinking? jumping in late in the game into the most over crowded game in the market? doest seem smart to me but if they really can see round counts like that I guess I'd be interested in trying one out, but not at anywhere even close to that msrp

Reactions: Rwjeter

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
MSRP of $1,199?? Are they fucking retarded???

Even if the street price is half that, it still seems like a "yawn" price for yet ANOTHER plain ass carbine gas system AR with MOE/CTR furniture, regular trigger, bulky looking rail, and M4 profile barrel. Just irritating to see "new releases" and it's just more of the same shit already out there by countless companies.

I don't get the use of an M4 profile barrel with a 13-15" rail. Why not choose one of the more popular profile barrels and mid-length gas since they are claiming to "exceed mil std" anyways? Hanson like profile with a mid-length or intermediate length gas would have been at least intriguing, this....well, imma go back to bed.

At least they staked the castle nut supposedly...

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
As someone who has had to deal with one of their shitty ass guns followed by 3 months of their shitty ass customer service, Taurus can suck on my nutsack.

If there is a way to screw up the AR platform I'm sure the R&D team at Taurus are the guys who can pull it off.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
MSRP of $1,199?? Are they fucking retarded???

Even if the street price is half that, it still seems like a "yawn" price for yet ANOTHER plain ass carbine gas system AR with MOE/CTR furniture, regular trigger, bulky looking rail, and M4 profile barrel. Just irritating to see "new releases" and it's just more of the same shit already out there by countless companies.

I don't get the use of an M4 profile barrel with a 13-15" rail. Why not choose one of the more popular profile barrels and mid-length gas since they are claiming to "exceed mil std" anyways? Hanson like profile with a mid-length or intermediate length gas would have been at least intriguing, this....well, imma go back to bed.

At least they staked the castle nut supposedly...
But we NEED an M4 profile! How else would we mount our M203 if it doesn't have the grenade launcher cut out!?! That's covered by the rail.....

Reactions: Wallace

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I know what we need. A curved AR!
But let's make it 50% bigger than the leading competitors AR! THEN we'll curve it.... I was actually really excited about that pistol when I read about it. I thought it was ingenious to take a small pocket and pistol and curve it just enough to help it conceal better. Then I saw one in person. The damn thing is huge! Talk about a fail.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ha, gun company with the world's worst timing.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
But let's make it 50% bigger than the leading competitors AR! THEN we'll curve it.... I was actually really excited about that pistol when I read about it. I thought it was ingenious to take a small pocket and pistol and curve it just enough to help it conceal better. Then I saw one in person. The damn thing is huge! Talk about a fail.

Taurus, if you're reading this, the people have spoken. Bring us a curved AR that is 50% larger than anything else currently on the market.

The demand is here, now supply us!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Taurus, if you're reading this, the people have spoken. Bring us a curved AR that is 50% larger than anything else currently on the market.

I expect "gold" plating.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code

SHOT Show 2018 the new Taurus cARve15! 50% larger, 50% curvier, with 50% more of the same parts everyone else is using. A deal at only 150% more than its worth!

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Hey Taurus,

While you're at it, could you develop a line of buggy whips and goat carts? I mean, if you're going to get into manufacturing something late, do it with some style.

Sincerely,

Goat cart consumer
The latest in Taurus' concealed carry lineup. The PT1836 Paterson. Better late than never!

IMG_0005.JPG

Reactions: Huddy and dial1911