Supreme Court Upholds Second Amendments Rights Still!

GA Firing Line

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
Can't believe this hasn't been posted here already, but the Supreme Court unanimously upheld citizens rights to bear arms. This does not just cover firearms any more, it now means all arms that can be utilized for defensive/offensive purposes! The woman brought a case against Mass. and their stun gun ban, and beat them! Good for her!

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/14-10078_aplc.pdf

Rachie

Hunter
Feb 29, 2016
This is very monumental imo. An unanimous decision on the second amendment. I think its safe to say the second amendment is pretty entrenched at this point and is not going anywhere any time soon. Now if we could just get the states and localities to stop making worthless gun laws we'd be set.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I wouldn't be so sure. Heller was 5-4 and is coming back to the Supreme Court after going back down for remand. Obama's newest nomination was the Judge who wrote the Heller decision at the Circuit Court level that held there was no individual right to bear arms for self defense. If he gets the appointment replacing Scalia (who wrote Heller) with him would possibly mean Heller will get overturned on the next trip around. While that decision is wonderful, let's not think the second amendment is safe at all. Right now it's in one of the most precarious positions it has ever been in. We need to still fight strong and support the NRA to make sure Heller will always stand (and hopefully be expanded enough to strike down the Gun Control Act of 1968 and it's unconstitutional requirement that guns have a "sporting purpose".

Rachie

Hunter
Feb 29, 2016
Thanks for the lesson and knowledge. Its easy to get short sighted after a victory so I am with you! Lets keep fighting the good fight!

D

David

[QUOTE="Rachie]Thanks for the lesson and knowledge. Its easy to get short sighted after a victory so I am with you! Lets keep fighting the good fight!

[/QUOTE]
As long as there is a government and liberals you can bet the amendment will constantly be under attack.