Stainless M&P Shield Project

Howard Law

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I hijacked the Glock slide thread a few days ago asking questions about aftermarket M&P Shield slides. I wanted something stainless so I didnt have to worry about the black paint scratching since it is my EDC and I some how manage to beat the shit out of all of my EDCs. Lucky enough the slide is already stainless, it just has a coat on it.

Shout out and big thanks to @chance for letting me send him the slide and barrel to bead blast it. The vinegar and elbow grease method was too smelly and time consuming. I had some issues with feeding.. after polishing the feed ramps it is functioning 100% again... Oh and it looks pretty sweet too

unnamed-4.jpg unnamed-5.jpg

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Damn that looks good. I have had a couple of glocks with the Slides done in nickel boron I think it's called (one was an Exo G26 and the other a NibX G19). Seeing your shield makes me miss them.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That looks good. Makes me want another Shield. I wanted an XDs 4.0 but fuck Springfield Armory. My only complaint with the Shield was the trigger(they may have gotten better, I had my old Shield when they first came out) but I think I'm gonna get an Apex flatty when I get another one.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
That looks good. Makes me want another Shield. I wanted an XDs 4.0 but fuck Springfield Armory. My only complaint with the Shield was the trigger(they may have gotten better, I had my old Shield when they first came out) but I think I'm gonna get an Apex flatty when I get another one.

I'm actually considering an Apex. Maybe a flatty... I do like the looks of the ones with very subtle color (not the full on red)

Im a fan of blasted stainless. This is one of my ARs.

View attachment 30730

That came out looking good! Glad its running well too!

I used a bit of polishing compound and attached a felt Dremel polishing bit to my hand drill... that seemed to work better than the Dremel so I can have more control over the speed. Polishing the feed ramp made it feed way better.

Nice AR. I've always liked the stainless/naked barrel look. Oh by the way, expect some coffee in the mail as a thank you.

Reactions: chance

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
That looks sweet. I have been considering buying another shield, the wife gets mad when I take hers. But they are great for ultra concealed carry.

Reactions: jwtug

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
That looks sweet. I have been considering buying another shield, the wife gets mad when I take hers. But they are great for ultra concealed carry.

I carry mine appendix in a belly band.. no matter what I wear it disappears. Bending over is a little challenging though. I have to tuck my tummy under it.

Reactions: Cudruln