Faktory 47

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
It seemed heart felt but the crocodile tears were a little much. I still have a hard time believing that such a decision was made without his knowledge. Maybe he cried because he got caught. The vibe I got was.....Man caught cheating on wife apologizes to her.

H

Hoss

Those tears are real. Gun stores in Illinois are cancelling orders and sending back inventory that they can't move our are unwilling to sell now. He's feeling it in the pocket and it hurts.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FatAlbert

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
yah kinda hard to know how authentic the apology is. I also have a hard time believing that this was the first he ever heard of all of this. Seems more like he's sorry that he made a bad business decision.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Fuck him and his company. Someone else can import the same guns after they go out of business.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Fuck him and fuck Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms too.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Seems more like he's sorry that he made a bad business decision.

I haven't even watched the video and already have the same feeling.

And on a more personal note, go to hell Springfield. Go to hell and die.

Although I'm sure it won't die. Even S&W came back from the "gun owner only" safety devices of years past.

EDIT: What I meant to say was "So Bill, you don't like it when people piss back at you?"

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I haven't even watched the video and already have the same feeling.

And on a more personal note, go to hell Springfield. Go to hell and die.

Although I'm sure it won't die. Even S&W came back from the "gun owner only" safety devices of years past.

EDIT: What I meant to say was "So Bill, you don't like it when people piss back at you?"

Who the fuck is Bill?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Bill Springfield- and then I had to go look it up and realized that name is completely wrong. For years I've associated (wrongly) that name with the Springfield gun manufacturer- he (nor anyone named Springfield) has ever owned the company apparently.

Nope. Springfield Armory Inc. is owned by the Reese family and has never had anything to do with the Springfield Armory or anyone named Springfield. They just trademarked an iconic name.

Same with Armalite and Rock Island Armory. Just companies that trademarked iconic names but have nothing to do with what made the name famous.

Reactions: Herk and dial1911

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Now that the bill has passed, I very much doubt that it will be repealed, anytime soon. I think that if I owned a gun company, I would have moved out of Ill. a long time ago. In a way, they have been in bed with the Anti Gunners in that state for a very long time IMHO. At least MagPul moved out of Co. when they passed that BS "high cap. mag." limit crap.

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
Now that the bill has passed, I very much doubt that it will be repealed, anytime soon. I think that if I owned a gun company, I would have moved out of Ill. a long time ago. In a way, they have been in bed with the Anti Gunners in that state for a very long time IMHO. At least MagPul moved out of Co. when they passed that BS "high cap. mag." limit crap.

THIS.

The guy in the vid is trying to give off a "we're all pro-gun" vibe and yet they hang around in IL? That, and they hire a representative for their state-level pro-RKBA organization that couldn't have predicted the Gun Culture's reaction to getting into bed with the antis? There is more to being "pro-gun" than just making and selling firearms.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Jake

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Man..... I'm torn. Part of me says fuck them. They just got caught and didn't realize the backlash it would have. But the other part of me wants to believe it really was just the bad judgment of one guy. If I was the CEO of a major company, I doubt I'd know everything that was going on. But I WOULD take careful note of any legislation that was potentially harmful to my industry. And I would fight it to the very bitter end. So...... Damn I'm torn. @springfield armory, give me an M1a national match and I'll give you another chance to prove yourself.

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
I think that if I hired a guy to do political lobbying then I would tell him where my head was at when it came to compromises like this. I might tell the guy "Sell everyone else's ass down the river if it helps us out" or I might tell him "If they mean to have war, let it begin here" but regardless of my mindset, I would spell it out very clearly to the guy. Of course, in that position I would have just pulled a Magpul and moved to Wyoming quite a while ago...

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
I do have an M1A listed, but not because I hate Springfield armory. Also, lot's of folks still buying S&W revolvers with Hillary hole

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Man..... I'm torn. Part of me says fuck them. They just got caught and didn't realize the backlash it would have. But the other part of me wants to believe it really was just the bad judgment of one guy. If I was the CEO of a major company, I doubt I'd know everything that was going on. But I WOULD take careful note of any legislation that was potentially harmful to my industry. And I would fight it to the very bitter end. So...... Damn I'm torn. @springfield armory, give me an M1a national match and I'll give you another chance to prove yourself.

If you make the choice to be politically active at the corporate level, you'd better know everything that's going on. I you don't, you get to reap the whirlwind.

Reactions: Herk