SoutheastTraders Upgrade 2019

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Tomorrow is the day!

Tomorrow around 8am eastern, the site will go down for a 2-3 hours allowing the team to upgrade to the new v2.x platform. There will be some noticeable differences from version 1 to version 2, and we’ve done our best to communicate them to you.

All the cool new awesomeness to look forward to!
  • New and improved User Interface
  • New standardized node icons
  • Full screen use - more of the screen will be in play allowing for better use of space.
  • Easier to read text
  • Emoticon support
  • Ability to hide side navigation menus
  • Quick thread creator at the top of all forums - Quick Thread is a brand new system for XF2. Above the list of threads on a forum page you will find a title entry box. Focusing this box and starting to type a thread title will load a quick message editor, in which you can post the content for the first post of your new thread. Hitting the save button will then post the thread, leaving you on the forum page rather than redirecting you to the thread page. This makes the process of creating a new simple thread extremely quick and easy.
  • Faster site response time - all new code re-write that's much cleaner!
  • Updated the SET Dark and Light themes
  • Greatly enhanced mobile support (really no need to use Tapatalk)
  • Enhanced message editing - Rather than opening an overlay, editing messages is now done entirely in-place, with the content of messages replaced by a full-fledged message editor that allows the complete range of editing and posting actions, including attachment management.
  • Member tooltip - the member card has been replaced with a new member tooltip, which appears on the first click on a member's name. A further click will load the member's full profile page.
  • Customizable member stats - the old member list page has now been replaced by an all-new, customizable member statistics system. Individual statistics (such as members with the most posts, most recently-registered members etc.) can be built by us admins using an interface in the admin control panel, and are then displayed as an expandable block on the members page.
  • Attachments shown in previews - content previews, such as those seen when hovering a thread title on the thread list page, now include attachments for a more complete and integrated preview experience
  • What’s New and Find Threads - to aid in content discovery, XF2 includes a brand new 'What's new' system, which can fetch new content from all sources across the system, including threads and posts, profile posts, media items and resources. The architecture of the system is fully extensible, so add-on developers can hook into What's new in order to add their own content types to the results.
    Additionally, a new Find threads system provides quick links to unanswered threads (with no replies), threads you have started, and threads in which you have posted.
  • New media embedding features - the BB Code Media system has been significantly enhanced, and now supports embedding Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram photos, Reddit posts and comments, Spotify and Soundcloud tracks, albums and playlists and a whole host of others.
  • Trending - this showcase our most active and relevant content so you can find current information and get involved fast. Trending is intricately calculated by several factors based on the content type. This will aid in increasing your involvement and improving your user experience by helping you find the content you want to engage in quickly.
  • New Classified Software (beta) - this will go online later this month as I will need to configure and build it out. This software will be beta, so please be patient as we continue to test it and implement it.

Things that won't be around initially and may be retired forever:
  • Live Feed - this little used and big resource hog will be replaced by the improved What's New
  • Prefix Filter - in the classified section to filter out states.
  • Calendar - a little used page that had great potential. We can bring it back on demand, but since it will cost to do so, we will need to have increased engagement with the calendar.
  • All the little menus at the top... GONE! Most were not used and they were cluttering up the space. With the new and improved user interface, the navigation and menus are placed in more optimal locations and have the ability to be hidden if the user wishes.

That's about the long and short of it! I'm excited for 2019 and this new upgrade which will help us continue to move forward and grow as the best outdoor and gun trading community!

lesptr

Marksman
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
You say no need to use Tapatalk, but will it still work?
I use Tapatalk for six sites, it used to be more, but after changes were made, tapatalk no longer worked. I never went back to those sites.
Please make sure it will still be Tapatalk compatible.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
You say no need to use Tapatalk, but will it still work?
I use Tapatalk for six sites, it used to be more, but after changes were made, tapatalk no longer worked. I never went back to those sites.
Please make sure it will still be Tapatalk compatible.
Yes. Tapatalk will still work. We are upgrading Tapatalk's api to the new 2.1 api.

Reactions: Kobayashi

Leshaire

Ninja
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
  • Enhanced message editing - Rather than opening an overlay, editing messages is now done entirely in-place, with the content of messages replaced by a full-fledged message editor that allows the complete range of editing and posting actions, including attachment management.
Thank the frickin lawd

Last edited:

Leshaire

Ninja
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
  • New media embedding features - the BB Code Media system has been significantly enhanced, and now supports embedding Facebook posts, Tweets, Instagram photos, Reddit posts and comments, Spotify and Soundcloud tracks, albums and playlists and a whole host of others.
This is dope!

• Trending - this showcase our most active and relevant content so you can find current information and get involved fast. Trending is intricately calculated by several factors based on the content type. This will aid in increasing your involvement and improving your user experience by helping you find the content you want to engage in quickly.

Dont tell me what I want to engage in!!

Reactions: dougiemac

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Dont use TaT so no problem there.

Hope there is a filter in the classified ads so you can see offers in just 1 state.

I only found out about the calendar recently and did not know how to edit. No loss, I dont think anyone else did either.

I am hoping to try and keep up with community events and maybe we need to get a small team together to help coordinate events so it doesn't fall on just one person.

Everything else sounds grand.