So I decided to build a Nano saltwater reef tank.

Howard Law

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Thanks bro, yeah it kinda sucks a little but lesson learned.

There are many more lessons to come. Like an eel can get out of the tiniest holes. Same eel although having a head the size of a pencil, can and will eat $15 each x 3 shrimp that are much bigger than he is... that was an expensive lunch that he had that day. And, no matter how much time and energy you put into placing your rock and corals in just the right place the first time; you are going to move them many times... But, it is well worth all the effort!!

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
There are many more lessons to come. Like an eel can get out of the tiniest holes. Same eel although having a head the size of a pencil, can and will eat $15 each x 3 shrimp that are much bigger than he is... that was an expensive lunch that he had that day. And, no matter how much time and energy you put into placing your rock and corals in just the right place the first time; you are going to move them many times... But, it is well worth all the effort!!
:eek: That sucks bro. Yep I am sure there will be many lessons to come with this hobby for sure.

Reactions: lftd&pwrstrok'n

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Jul 4, 2015
Newnan
www.facebook.com
Zip code
If they turn out like my anemone I might just have to name them DOA and RIP.

Keep check on your parameters and all will be fine. Also, when you get your rock it, build it up in the middle and block the filter's intake. Be really careful stacking the rock to make sure it is secure, a falling rock can break the glass. Unlikely, but no unheard of...

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Used to love keeping tanks! I always liked predator fish. I had several fresh water setups and had a needle nose gar, cichlids and some others. I had a 55 gal saltwater setup that I kept a snowflake eel, butterfly and crab in. Loved watching them eat. The butterfly and eel would actually take food out of my hand. I have dogs now and with the cost of keeping tanks, I would prefer to spend any extra money on guns and ammo!

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
So I got up this morning at 4 and was freaking out because my clowns were on their sides in the bottom of the tank. So I quickly checked the parameters in the tank and all were perfect. So after a little bit they perked up and started moving around. I had no idea fish slept. After researching a bit it turns out this is pretty common in clown fish.

Lokidogg

Woodsman
Mar 28, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
image.jpg
1.5 gallon micro. Been running for 6 months now. Have a yellow watchman goby and a hermit crab. Macro algie and some plants.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I need a tank for TruPrep store. Just have mini-sharks running around.