Slings...

Faktory 47

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
blue force gear or gtfo.

idf slings are nice, cheap, and simple but they can’t match the adjustability and features of the bfg. i have one for clone purposes but it’s uncomfortable. as others have said - it’s the equivalent of using a car seat belt as a sling.

i have a troy sling and i hate how the “pig tail” has to be secured somehow. too much bulk and it’s a pain in the ass. not a fan.

three point slings ... just don’t. they interfere with the controls of an ar15 - mainly the left side bolt release.

one point = getting slapped in the nuts...not pleasant.

blue force gear standard vickers, padded vickers, 221 - all good. i have 6 bfg slings and happy with every purchase.

Reactions: Herk and Shemp
Oct 18, 2018
Georgia
Zip code
three point slings ... just don’t. they interfere with the controls of an ar15 - mainly the left side bolt release.

I haven't ever had a problem. Not advocating for them. I'm more fascinated when something goes from being basically the standard to being thought of as awful. All I need is something that allows my hands to be free at the range so I'm not exactly a particular customer these days.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I want one of their suppressor covers
I'm planning on getting one for the Sandman K when it gets in. Might have to email them though since they don't show them on their site.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I have (can't say "use") the Magpul MS3 sling. Easily converts from 2 point to single point. I like it a lot and it comes in real handy when I'm playing operator in the basement.

I also chose this one because @karlvv said you could move the clip to the strap and autoeroticasphyxiate without even having to take your gun off.

Last edited:

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
just ordered another blue force gear for $45.

primary arms had them on sale and i just couldn’t help myself.