Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Am I the only one who just doesn’t get a total hard on for this gun? I get it. It’s modular. Cool. For the cost of the conversions I can almost buy a whole new gun. Is it just stupid comfortable or accurate? Has an unbelievable trigger factory? How’s reliability? The Video I saw MAC post didn’t really sell me on it’s reliability. Someone tell me what’s up with this gun? I’m not bashing it, I just truly want to know.

Reactions: scand

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
With the right grip module it’s very comfortable & accurate. I’ve sold all my Glock’s & most of my Walthers & Caniks to move over to the 320. I shoot them better than anything else I’ve owned.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
With the right grip module it’s very comfortable & accurate. I’ve sold all my Glock’s & most of my Walthers & Caniks to move over to the 320. I shoot them better than anything else I’ve owned.
Did you get the voluntary upgrade? Have you had any light primer strikes or other issues?

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
Am I the only one who just doesn’t get a total hard on for this gun? I get it. It’s modular. Cool. For the cost of the conversions I can almost buy a whole new gun. Is it just stupid comfortable or accurate? Has an unbelievable trigger factory? How’s reliability? The Video I saw MAC post didn’t really sell me on it’s reliability. Someone tell me what’s up with this gun? I’m not bashing it, I just truly want to know.
Nope...you're not alone.
They sat on our shelf for months collecting dust, but as soon as the Army acquired it- they sold like hotcakes. Its ergos are no where near hK or Walther standards, but they're decent. It was nothing extraordinary to shoot, it's just another dime-a-dozen polymer striker pistol IMO.

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
Did you get the voluntary upgrade? Have you had any light primer strikes or other issues?

My 9s have been upgraded. The 40/357Sig & 45 are being done now. No issues except 158gr ammo wouldn’t cycle suppressed.

No, the ergonomics aren’t HK/PPQ level but are 1000 times better than Glock. But HK VP9/40 & PPQ can’t support three calibers. I only kept my G23 because I could run three calibers out of it. Now that I can swap uppers on the 320 the Glock is gone.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nope...you're not alone.
They sat on our shelf for months collecting dust, but as soon as the Army acquired it- they sold like hotcakes. Its ergos are no where near hK or Walther standards, but they're decent. It was nothing extraordinary to shoot, it's just another dime-a-dozen polymer striker pistol IMO.

Reminds me of Surefire suppressors...

I do love the feel of my P99. Although honestly, it rarely leaves the house. I'll carry the G26 anywhere though- I feel like it's disposable.

Reactions: scand

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
I agree...it's definitely more comfortable than a Glock. As far as supporting multiple calibers- like jeter said in the original post...for the cost, you're not far from having another quality gun in entirety. When I buy a gun, I don't buy it based on whether or not I can convert it to another caliber/size, but that's me. I'm content having a G23 in its OEM offering for the house, and a G43 in its OEM offering for the hip.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I agree...it's definitely more comfortable than a Glock. As far as supporting multiple calibers; like jeter said in the original post- for the cost, you're not far from having another quality gun in entirety. When I buy a gun, I don't buy it based on whether or not I can convert it to another caliber/size. I'm content having a G23 in its OEM offering for the house, and a G43 in its OEM offering for the hip.

Oh yeah- the original point of this thread... A fellow at work as the P320- has sent it in to get the trigger fixed/upgraded/whatever they're calling the drop fire fix.

It's a nice looking gun, but I have little use for modular guns. Except for ARs, because it's build-a-bear for guns.

If I were left handed, I might feel differently. But being a right handed shooter, I have a dang ton of options.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I agree...it's definitely more comfortable than a Glock. As far as supporting multiple calibers- like jeter said in the original post...for the cost, you're not far from having another quality gun in entirety. When I buy a gun, I don't buy it based on whether or not I can convert it to another caliber/size, but that's me. I'm content having a G23 in its OEM offering for the house, and a G43 in its OEM offering for the hip.
Not only that, if you want to start talking caliber conversion, buy a G22, G23, G27 and then the mags and barrel conversions for 9mm and .357 Sig. you’d still be way cheaper than trying to get the P320 similarly set up for full size, Compact, Sub Compact, 9mm, .357, .40 AND you would have 3 entire guns.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Meh meh and meh. I havent shot one yet, but the feel, ergo, and trigger were all just meh to me.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I've shot it a bunch. The guy that I teach CCW classes with is a Sig guy and carries one. I'm a Glock guy. It's a nice gun. It has the same ergonomics as the other sigs, so if you like it, you like it. I personally don't care for it much, but that's just preference. The trigger still has that "sig feel" to it even though it's striker fired. I prefer the stiff/crisp break of the Glock trigger, but that's probably just because of the hundred thousand plus rounds I have on the Glock trigger. To me the 320 trigger is mushy with the takeup having slight resistance and the break only minimally heavier than the takeup, making it feel too squishy to me. I like the takeup on the glock that has little resistance with a heavier break so I can feel that "wall" before the break. But again, that's preference. The 320 does have a very short reset to the trigger, so coupled with the lighter break it does shoot very quickly between shots. I've never been a fan of the bore axis of Sigs and how high it seems to ride in my hand, but it's nothing too severe. As far as reliability, the one I shoot regularly is 100% and has not been sent in to fix the "drop issue". I honestly find that to be a non-issue with this gun and it seems as reliable as any other quality striker fired polymer pistol. As has been mentioned, the modularity does nothing for me. I have conversion barrels for several Glocks and find this to be just as good a solution for caliber swaps, and rather than grip/frame size changes, I prefer to have another gun anyway, so it isn't a selling point for me. Overall, it is a nice gun and I can't disparage anyone for choosing it or carrying it and preferring it to Glock. For me though, I love my Glocks and this gun offers nothing to me to even begin to make me change. And honestly, with all the training I've put in on the Glock platform, I'd be foolish to eliminate all that muscle memory for a new platform anyway.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016

It's not that Glock ergonomics are great, it's that they're more universal. They are blocky. Yes. But they are what they are and any hand can hold a block. Once you start designing curves and palm swells and other ergonomic features, those things only fit certain people's hands. For those that they don't fit comfortably you are left with a much worse ergonomic situation than the blocky Glock. So you either have to find a gun that perfectly fits your hand, or just go with the blocky Glock. I chose to go with the blocky Glock and not fight with finding a company that uses my identical twin as a hand model, and now I'm so used to it that it just feels right. But again, ergonomics are 100% subjective to the user, and each person should find what they like for them. And to me it makes no sense to knock other people for what ergonomic preferences they have.

Last edited:

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have held one and liked it, but not enough to want to get one.

I think if it weren’t for the army contract it would not be nearly as popular. I’m also not surprised that they are having problems with it being that it is such a new platform that hasn’t had the long term reliability proven like others have. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see the other branches of the military go with another gun instead of the 320.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I had one during my plastic trials liked it even less than glock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code

I’ve talked to an Army Instructor involved in training for the new pistol. He states it is mostly user error causing the issues, e.g., limp wristing and riding the slide release. He stated there are not widespread issues.

The author of the article I read obviously does not know firearms from the language used. When I read that there is an issue where the pistol ejects an empty and a live round simultaneously, I gotta scratch my head. Never seen this in any pistol, never heard of it in any pistol, can’t figure out how it would/could happen. Sounds like either a problem explained poorly/wrongly, or something made up.