Shotgun Advice

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
Ok admittedly I'm not much of a shotgun person, for a really long time I've been in to my bolt rifles and long range shooting but found alot of joy in pistol shooting lately.

I'd like to start looking into Sporting Clays to mix it up a bit and just to be able to get out of my realm a little bit but when it comes to Shotguns this guy is kinda out there in left field lol, so let the suggestions begin!

I'm figuring on an over/under 12 gauge but I'm not against a Semi Auto either, I have a few pump guns but am kinda lost when it comes to choke selection

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I've shot limited sporting clays, mostly a trap guy. I love my O/U. The thing I've discovered is barrel length will be a huge impact on how fast you can swing a shotgun. My 32" Citori is great for trap but doesn't swing for crap when it comes to sporting clays. I know several guys that love the Remington 1100 Competition. I would suggest stopping someplace with a huge selection (like a Gander Mountain around me) and shouldering all different kinds. Got to find that one that pulls up perfect every time for a nice clean sight picture down the barrel. Good luck and hopefully someone with more SC experience will chime in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
Well I've been looking into this quite a bit more and looking at a Browning 725 Citori O/U with a 30" ported barrel as well as a Berretta 686 Silver Pigeon with a 30" barrel. I was looking at Kreighoff K 80's just for shits and giggles but yea buddy way outta this guys price range hahahahahahahaha! but man were they nice

D

David

[QUOTE="Dirtbike].... I was looking at Kreighoff K 80's just for shits and giggles but yea buddy way outta this guys price range hahahahahahahaha! but man were they nice

[/QUOTE]
Come on man, spring a few bucks for that nice model of Kreighoff, 20k isn't any issue and think of all the money you can make showing it off with your impressive skills at competition. :D

Last edited:

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="David]Come on man, spring a few bucks for that nice model of Kreighoff, 20k isn't any issue and think of all the money you can make showing it off with your impressive skills at competition. :D

[/QUOTE]
hahahahahahahaha! I'd have to send my OL back to work just to support my habit hahahahaha! This must be the feeling crackheads go through when they need a fix :eek:

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
Went out looking at O/U's today, looked at everything from the Savage 555 (not bad but to light for my purpose) to the Browning Citori sport with a 30" ported barrels (very nice and shouldered awesome!) And then out of nowhere I see a Shotgun from across the counter that just screamed to me. .. Can't remember the model but it was a Beretta that shouldered something awesome as of it was an extension of my arm! The old boy behind the counter kinda smirked at me and said now that's a damn nice gun right there, of course I agreed lol and then I looked at the price tag. ......just a shy under 3 g's ouch. ....he looks at me and kinda chuckles (been in this shop alot and picked up quite a bit from them so they know me really good, kinda like a barber shop when ya walk in lol) needless to say it went back on the rack:( that gun is gonna be mine at some point, I've got me a new goal but in the mean time I suppose I'll go look at a semi auto for the time being until I can save up the cheese to pick up that awesome Beretta!