Shooting Gloves

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Want to get a good pair of shooting gloves!

For some reason I tend to wear out gloves quick, mechanic, yard working, what ever they are for... I wear them out!

So, what say you? What some good, durable glove to use for shooting?

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Only used shooting gloves a couple times, but they were a life saver. Holding a metal chassis sub freezing sucks!

I used mechanics gloves and cut the fingertip off of my trigger finger. Go to a Pep Boys or the like where they have lots of gloves to choose from and pick what feels good on you.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
But seriously, I think leather is the best material for shooting gloves.

https://m.leatherglovesonline.com/n...iEcwEzOYC5aNyltIRZRoCfzgQAvD_BwE#page=details

I don't think you'll like those gloves for shooting. I spend a inordinate amount of time on the range, so, that said, I have found that for this heat the gloves I like best are just baseball batting gloves right now. I did have a pair of Home Depot gloves that I liked, but have now fallen apart, and are too hot to wear all day anyway.

The winter in Wisconsin, I wear rather thin gloves, but I also have a round hand warmer with heating packs in it, to keep my hands warm.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

i have owned two pairs of the alpha pig gloves linked here: https://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Full-Dexterity-Tactical-FDT-Alpha-Glove-p/pig.700.htm

these are my favorite and have held up well. i got a second pair because the first pair was purchased before they had the electric device touch feature. this feature helps when you want to surf the SET while in your deer stand. i highly recommend these for shooting (the feel on the trigger is great) but you won’t enjoy these on a cold day. they are ventilated which is great for 10 months out of the year in georgia but i use other gloves for december and january deer hunting.

i have also have a pair of the deltas which atlmedic linked in his post.

the deltas don’t have a velcro strap - they are slip on. i initially liked these gloves better than the alphas but the sewing came apart around the trigger finger. i have heard the pig updated the design for durability but i’m sticking with my alphas.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
i have owned two pairs of the alpha pig gloves linked here: https://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Full-Dexterity-Tactical-FDT-Alpha-Glove-p/pig.700.htm

these are my favorite and have held up well. i got a second pair because the first pair was purchased before they had the electric device touch feature. this feature helps when you want to surf the SET while in your deer stand. i highly recommend these for shooting (the feel on the trigger is great) but you won’t enjoy these on a cold day. they are ventilated which is great for 10 months out of the year in georgia but i use other gloves for december and january deer hunting.

i have also have a pair of the deltas which atlmedic linked in his post.

the deltas don’t have a velcro strap - they are slip on. i initially liked these gloves better than the alphas but the sewing came apart around the trigger finger. i have heard the pig updated the design for durability but i’m sticking with my alphas.

Yeah. I need to pick up another pair for sure. The problem I have is finding ones wlthat fit well. I got small hands. I’m tempted to try a pair of the women’s gloves to get a better fit.