SET AR15 Lower by Spike's Tactical

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
If I made a skim margin and sold them at $75 instead of $79.99, could we do 250 then? If not, what price would we have to get to?
I'd commit to two of them at $150 just because they're SET lowers. But to be honest, I gotta bite my tongue buying Spikes. I'm with others on at least looking into other manufacturers.

Seems they're family to you, but most members here don't care for them. I got a barrel from them with a Gas port that was not top dead center, it was noticably off. Detailed emails of the issue and several voicemails no one would ever reply to me. Honestly they can EOD as far as I'm concerned too.

Reactions: JNelson04 and Gaige

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
I'd commit to two of them at $150 just because they're SET lowers. But to be honest, I gotta bite my tongue buying Spikes. I'm with others on at least looking into other manufacturers.

Seems they're family to you, but most members here don't care for them. I got a barrel from them with a Gas port that was not top dead center, it was noticably off. Detailed emails of the issue and several voicemails no one would ever reply to me. Honestly they can EOD as far as I'm concerned too.
call And ask for John at Spike’s in customer service. He’s the head of their customer service. He will make sure it’s taken care of.

Reactions: Gaige

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
call And ask for John at Spike’s in customer service. He’s the head of their customer service. He will make sure it’s taken care of.
I've already sold cheap for a loss with full disclosure of the issue. There inability to respond to several polite messages and emails lost me as a customer for life.

I'll buy one just because it's a SET lower, but if it was another company I'd probably by several, and I'm sure I'm not the only member.

Does Spikes make their own lowers anyway? I've always heard rumored they don't, that Aero or someone else makes them for them

Reactions: Grunk and Gaige

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
I've already sold cheap for a loss with full disclosure of the issue. There inability to respond to several polite messages and emails lost me as a customer for life.

I'll buy one just because it's a SET lower, but if it was another company I'd probably by several, and I'm sure I'm not the only member.

Does Spikes make their own lowers anyway? I've always heard rumored they don't, that Aero or someone else makes them for them
They make their own lowers on their own equipment and they have higher tolerances than mil spec. The facility that they make their own I believe and don’t quote me on this, also houses other manufacturers equipment.

Reactions: Gaige and FatAlbert

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code

I’m curious how long ago that was. I know they’ve done some significantly big improvements with customer service over the years recently.

Reactions: Gaige

madHatter

Ninja
Mar 25, 2015
Medina
Zip code
I get it. We almost have 10K members..let’s see if we can do it. If not we can wait til the demand goes down and see what we have then.
how many are bots? how many are once and done arrivals? I mean we dont bite, why do we not have more people contributing?

I wish I could say I am in... but 20$ transfer to my ffl is kinda already pricing me out. and I have no real need for another AR since 90% of my family hates guns.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Red Dawn

Wolverine
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Looks like we stalled around 50 or so .... I suppose 250 will not happen here for Spikes to build them.

@Leadhoof did you have any luck with a friend at DRG that might shed light on our dilemma here.

Red Dawn

Wolverine
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
@dougiemac it looks like 50-75 lowers is easier to sell here so are you going to reach out to Spikes to get a lower min # to do this or will you be willing to contact possible new manufacturers of lowers for SET and new members as well who knows maybe even someone local.

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
@dougiemac it looks like 50-75 lowers is easier to sell here so are you going to reach out to Spikes to get a lower min # to do this or will you be willing to contact possible new manufacturers of lowers for SET and new members as well who knows maybe even someone local.
I would prefer to stay with Spike’s as they’re family and they would do a smaller minimum but they can’t right now. The demand is at its highest since Obama. I have researched other manufacturers and haven’t seen anything that can compare to what Spike’s gives us. I’ll keep working on it. It just may take time with the current global situation.

Red Dawn

Wolverine
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I would prefer to stay with Spike’s as they’re family and they would do a smaller minimum but they can’t right now. The demand is at its highest since Obama. I have researched other manufacturers and haven’t seen anything that can compare to what Spike’s gives us. I’ll keep working on it. It just may take time with the current global situation.
Thanks dougie. You the man !

Reactions: dial1911

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Yeah, bad timing on digging into this!