SET’s 4th Anniversary

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
June 22nd is SET’s 4th anniversary!

I’ll be honest. I never think about the ODT, and because of that I don’t speak about them. However when reflecting back on our history, it’s difficult to not think about our origins. Especially what was said early on about this amazing community.

They said we wouldn’t last a year. They said we wouldn’t grow. They said that people will only come here when they get banned from the ODT. They said that when given a chance to return to the ODT, they’d not come back to SET. They said we were a band of goons and a motley crew of rejects. They tried to create drama and division. They tried to spy and screenshot. Then they began to imitate. They said, they said, they said... I’m so glad WE don’t listen to “THEY”.

This site has never been about being a money machine. It’s always been a labor of love. This site has never been about me, but about “US”. WE are Southeast Traders. This site is every bit of yours as it is mine. There would be no site without the mods and admins who have donated countless hours helping the site grow or the cast of characters who call this place home with their daily banter and classified ad postings. Some are more vocal than others. But regardless I am sincerely appreciative and grateful for every one of you.

My only ask is to keep talking about SET to others. Keep promoting it on social media, to your friends, family, work colleagues, etc. keep wearing the SET branded gear. Keep posting regularly. And most important keep being the greatest community on the Internet.

Thank you all. I am sincerely humbled and grateful.

Doug

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Many thanks to @dougiemac and the entire community here. I can never fully explain the difference SET has made in my life. I was shutting down mentally & emotionally without even realizing it and the welcome I received when I found this place was amazing. It truly turned me around and reminded me of the importance of being a part of a caring community. Hopefully things will improve to the point I can help out more financially but I try to tell as many people as I can about SET and I hope my posting at least doesn't run anybody off.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
I just need some help in figuring out how to use the giveaway to promote the site and grow it. Hummmmmm
It should go without saying that we have some of the best in many different industries on this forum; we are lucky enough to have some of the most knowledgeable Subject Matter Experts contributing to this site from a wide variety of experiences and skill-sets.

I haven't been able to participate as much lately due to a change in job assignments, but I'd like to donate $150.00 toward the "Best Idea" that comes about in this thread!

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Glad to be a part of such a great community and hope for many more years to come. It is great to see some of the standouts in the new faces here that have really helped contribute to the content and community.

Leadhoof

Hoplophile
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Northern Illineigh
Zip code
60013-3412
I know you’re joking because it’s not an ODT prison colony. It’s far greater and bigger than that.
I know it's much more than that, but I did mean it in a good way. Starting out with all of the ODT outcasts, and becoming something so much better. Like the Australia of internet forums with a lot less gun control.

I hope that still makes sense when I'm sober.

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
I know it's much more than that, but I did mean it in a good way. Starting out with all of the ODT outcasts, and becoming something so much better. Like the Australia of internet forums with a lot less gun control.

I hope that still makes sense when I'm sober.
To be honest I was tracking on that same plane when I wrote my original message.

Reactions: Leadhoof

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Best recruiting GAW?

We roll into the big ODT M&G at Cobb all incognito n shit, SET garb under our cover with a fist full of green mountain filled stickers and flyers for a free DECKED out AR GAW at the Hooters up the road. Then we wait for the right moment to spring our trap. @dougiemac rolls in the back door like a balla and throws the double doors open with his mirrored aviators. Everyone turns to look. OS is dumbstruck with his mouth open. “They can’t handle the truth. Take the red pill.” Turns and walks out. Flash mob style we reveal our SET garb and make it rain our forbidden propaganda in the air before turning to follow.

Or maybe we could do something a little less dramatic..... But that would be lame....

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Best recruiting GAW?

We roll into the big ODT M&G at Cobb all incognito n shit, SET garb under our cover with a fist full of green mountain filled stickers and flyers for a free DECKED out AR GAW at the Hooters up the road. Then we wait for the right moment to spring our trap. @dougiemac rolls in the back door like a balla and throws the double doors open with his mirrored aviators. Everyone turns to look. OS is dumbstruck with his mouth open. “They can’t handle the truth. Take the red pill.” Turns and walks out. Flash mob style we reveal our SET garb and make it rain our forbidden propaganda in the air before turning to follow.

Or maybe we could do something a little less dramatic..... But that would be lame....
That would make a great commercial!

Rwjeter

Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
That would make a great commercial!
To avoid any copyrights we could avoid ODT and have the "other" people wearing chicken hats. Pan in through the meet and greet as they're handing out dunce hats to the ones who don't obey their censor. Then OS could have a crown on his chicken hat. Oh, and have one "other guy" in biker garb in the background. That would be dope AF.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
To avoid any copyrights we could avoid ODT and have the "other" people wearing chicken hats. Pan in through the meet and greet as they're handing out dunce hats to the ones who don't obey their censor. Then OS could have a crown on his chicken hat. Oh, and have one "other guy" in biker garb in the background. That would be dope AF.
I still like the SET flash mob r3veal and raining Set stickers down on the crowd. Of course, we would have to make sure none of the ODT guys are on their knees at the time.

• Haha
Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

UFC Champ
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Na... I’m happy for Thomas and the ODT for making it 10 years I think we’re all surprised they lasted that long after the way management changed about 5 years ago.

I’d personally like to congratulate them but I’m not welcomed there.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Na... I’m happy for Thomas and the ODT for making it 10 years I think we’re all surprised they lasted that long after the way management changed about 5 years ago.

I’d personally like to congratulate them but I’m not welcomed there.
Which is sad. Why any community that expects to grow and become more popular would not be I'm support of another. Sure we poke fun and all that, but in the end the only way to move forward is to help one another. This community does that and then some. I have been part of Uzitalk for as long as I have had the Mac and it is no where near as wonderful as this place. The only reason I maintain membership there is for parts and help

Reactions: dougiemac and Grunk

Rwjeter

Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Sniper’s Hide has so much good knowledge that it isn’t even funny. Great resource and community. But it ain’t no SET. The members really make this place. I’ve met MOST of the regulars. (They’re all ugly AF {except @DoglegArms sexy little self.... Hands sooo soft....} but will do just about anything for each other) And come on, the SET ARs are sick.33C7E70B-AE98-4A4A-9FE2-5D4086E3E187.jpegA89150F4-493C-4937-BB70-639B79D2C4F8.jpeg