This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Sears is 'set to sink'

Discussion in 'Economics & Finance' started by DoglegArms, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Willy Leadwell

Willy Leadwell Purveyor of Polyurethane
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Ingersoll rand is junk if you're buying anything less than their expensive, American made industrial stuff. All of their air tools and compressors less than 20hp are pure garbage.

2. dial1911

dial1911 Pro Grade Canine Copulator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I don't use most of my hand tools on a day to day basis- but when I need them to work, I do expect them to be up to the job. Most of the combination wrenches I have are Craftsman with some other stuff mixed in. No failures to speak of, but I did buy the dang things (at least partially) because of the warranty. As the ones I have break, I will be looking for replacements. Something other than the brands on the list above.

3. 00formula6spd

00formula6spd Marksman

Blackhawk, Stanley wrenches are kind of like Bluepoint. Bluepoint is farmed out to meet Snap-On specs. Snap- On last I heard still makes their own. ( I retired in 2013) so have not kept up.

4. 00formula6spd

00formula6spd Marksman

With Snap-on and Mac, the tolerances are alot tighter. Snap-On has a good Flank drive also. Its the small things.

dial1911 likes this.
  5. EugenFJR

EugenFJR Army SDM

LOL !!! At "Wack and Pecker"....

I'm not a tool operator, but my Ryobi stuff has been pretty good, esp. the 18v batteries on their tools...
    My Buddy uses Bosch tools all the the time, and that seems to be pretty good shit.

dial1911 likes this.
  6. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I've been very happy with my blue point socket sets I got years ago. I used them professionally for several years and never had any issues. I think they are good for the average person who can't justify snap on money for home project tools.

00formula6spd likes this.
  7. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

Craftsman will probably become Stanley.

8. Glock Fan

Glock Fan Hunter

Maybe I missed it, but I'm fairly certain that DeWalt should be on the Stanley-owned list as well.

9. Willy Leadwell

Willy Leadwell Purveyor of Polyurethane

Yep. Porter Cable as well.

Glock Fan likes this.