Rimfire Patrol Match

Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Hmmm, what is a "Practiscore"? Do they sell them at Wal-Mart?
Also not sure what a PRS/NRL22 is.
As for rimfire handgun, all I've got is a Browning Hi-Power Compact with a .22 conversion kit. Will that do for something like this?
It's neither accurate nor reliable since it was intended as a military training tool, but if I use the expensive CCI stuff it cycles more reliably than with garbage .22
You can borrow one of mine. Practiscore is just an online website used for matches. Google it.

Google NRL22 matches as well. Plenty of YT videos

Reactions: I.D.-ten-T
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Very kind of you to offer!

I'm so far behind on the last 10 yeas of pistols that I had to look up SR22 to find out what it was...Now, before everything went to plastic, I knew a thing or two.
These days, not so much.

I've been meaning to get a decent little .22 target/plinker pistol, and a few years back I started trying to figure out which one was the right one to get.
I knew I didn't want the older Ruger Mk1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 series since they require an engineering degree from Yale and a master's degree in Physics from Stanford plus a 10lb bag of soap chips to take down for cleaning.

I vaguely recall the SIG seemed pretty good, and apparently the Ruger is good too. Any to specifically avoid other than the Browning Buckmark (too expensive)?
Give a look at the new Taurus TX22. Full size, 16 rd mags, and can be had under $300. Wouldn't say it's the best thing money can buy, but quite pleased with mine. And I hate Taurus. You can use mine at the match if you like.

Reactions: I.D.-ten-T

I.D.-ten-T

I yam wut I yam ‘n that’s all that I yam
Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Here
Zip code
Give a look at the new Taurus TX22. Full size, 16 rd mags, and can be had under $300. Wouldn't say it's the best thing money can buy, but quite pleased with mine. And I hate Taurus. You can use mine at the match if you like.
It looks like it's a real-sized gun, not a teeny-tiny version like the SIG Mosquito.
Either that or the guy on YT has itty bitty hands

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Very kind of you to offer!

I'm so far behind on the last 10 yeas of pistols that I had to look up SR22 to find out what it was...Now, before everything went to plastic, I knew a thing or two.
These days, not so much.

I've been meaning to get a decent little .22 target/plinker pistol, and a few years back I started trying to figure out which one was the right one to get.
I knew I didn't want the older Ruger Mk1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 series since they require an engineering degree from Yale and a master's degree in Physics from Stanford plus a 10lb bag of soap chips to take down for cleaning.

I vaguely recall the SIG seemed pretty good, and apparently the Ruger is good too. Any to specifically avoid other than the Browning Buckmark (too expensive)?
You could go and just throw bullets at the target.

Rwjeter

Mr. Freeze for mod 2018!
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@I.D.-ten-T you could also run my 455. It's topped off with some real quality glass. A nice Vor and Tex. Not everyone can understand or appreciate investing in good glass, but I for one, can.

Reactions: Grunk

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Has been becoming the standard for mid-grade glass. Most mid grade scopes are made in Japan nowadays. Philippines to some degree as well. China and Philippines for low end.
Okay, was just wondering if this was any good...

I know it's not a Steiner or a Schmidt AND Bender.