Rimfire Patrol Match

Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
@ Gun Site Hills May 4th. Sign up will be via Practiscore. Rifle and handgun, although handgun was minimal at the one I shot. PRS/NRL22 style match. Will shoot upwards of 100 rds. Free range use after the match.

Allen Caswell sets up and runs these. Chief stays pretty well hands off and doesn't really even hang around the shooters. Come out, bring your wife, kids, even young shooters.

Rwjeter

Mr. Freeze for mod 2018!
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Dude, I'd be all over this if I wasn't going to be in the middle of that big job. Mandatory 7 12s. Damn it!

Rwjeter

Mr. Freeze for mod 2018!
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I did manage to resize 6 .223 cases with my new M Press. But the neck split on one so it was discarded..... Maybe I can prime them one day next year.

Reactions: Laufen

I.D.-ten-T

I yam wut I yam ‘n that’s all that I yam
Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Here
Zip code
@ Gun Site Hills May 4th. Sign up will be via Practiscore. Rifle and handgun, although handgun was minimal at the one I shot. PRS/NRL22 style match. Will shoot upwards of 100 rds. Free range use after the match.

Allen Caswell sets up and runs these. Chief stays pretty well hands off and doesn't really even hang around the shooters. Come out, bring your wife, kids, even young shooters.
Hmmm, what is a "Practiscore"? Do they sell them at Wal-Mart?
Also not sure what a PRS/NRL22 is.
As for rimfire handgun, all I've got is a Browning Hi-Power Compact with a .22 conversion kit. Will that do for something like this?
It's neither accurate nor reliable since it was intended as a military training tool, but if I use the expensive CCI stuff it cycles more reliably than with garbage .22

Rwjeter

Mr. Freeze for mod 2018!
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Hmmm, what is a "Practiscore"? Do they sell them at Wal-Mart?
Also not sure what a PRS/NRL22 is.
As for rimfire handgun, all I've got is a Browning Hi-Power Compact with a .22 conversion kit. Will that do for something like this?
It's neither accurate nor reliable since it was intended as a military training tool, but if I use the expensive CCI stuff it cycles more reliably than with garbage .22
You can borrow my SR22.

Reactions: I.D.-ten-T

I.D.-ten-T

I yam wut I yam ‘n that’s all that I yam
Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Here
Zip code
You can borrow my SR22.
Very kind of you to offer!

I'm so far behind on the last 10 yeas of pistols that I had to look up SR22 to find out what it was...Now, before everything went to plastic, I knew a thing or two.
These days, not so much.

I've been meaning to get a decent little .22 target/plinker pistol, and a few years back I started trying to figure out which one was the right one to get.
I knew I didn't want the older Ruger Mk1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 series since they require an engineering degree from Yale and a master's degree in Physics from Stanford plus a 10lb bag of soap chips to take down for cleaning.

I vaguely recall the SIG seemed pretty good, and apparently the Ruger is good too. Any to specifically avoid other than the Browning Buckmark (too expensive)?