Residential Room Clearing & Response To Active Shooter Level 1, Powder Springs GA

GA Firing Line

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding a Residential Room Clearing & Response To Active Shooter Level 1 course on two separate weekends, each training session is two days.

You only have to take 1 of the weekends. Each weekend is the exact same course, which we are offering twice so that folks have a better chance of making one of the dates.

July 27-28, 2019
September 14-15, 2019

The training days will start at 8am and run until approximately 5pm.

4321 Macland Rd
Powder Springs, GA 30127

The cost for this course is $400 per student, paid in advance to hold your slot. I will be limiting this course to 12 students. If you have taken this course before, I highly recommend taking it again. This is by far the best training venue we have used for this particular course and offers many unique scenarios not present in our previous training courses.

This class will satisfy the prerequisite for the Level 2 Force-on-Force Residential Room Clearing & Response To Active Shooter I am holding at the same location, twice on 2 separate dates; August 24-25 and again on October 26-27.

Those Level 2 courses will satisfy the prerequisite for the Level 3 course to be held in December in Blakely GA. Level 3 is live-fire in a shoothouse.

If you sign up for 2 or 3 courses at once, you will receive a 10% discount off of each course.

The purpose of the first day of this course is to teach you to properly clear your own residence, in the case of a burglary/home invasion. I'm not advocating house clearing on your own, but if you are in one part of the home while your significant other is in another part, it would be a good idea to be able to safely move and link up. In addition, many of the elements of room clearing are the same as techniques used in Active Shooter Response.

The second day of this course concerns possible tactics to be used in the event that you are caught up in an Active Shooter situation.

Topics covered for this portion of the course include, but are not limited to:
-Combat Mindset
-moving down hallways and through intersections
-entering doorways
-clearing rooms
-transitioning from one room to the next
-working individually and as a team of 2
-working in daylight and limited visibility/darkness
-the pros and cons of different weapon systems
-choosing and enhancing a defensive position
-If you choose to engage an Active Shooter, how to move, locate, and close with

Gear list:
Handgun with holster and covering garment
You can use an inert training pistol, or disable your handgun with a Blade Tech training barrel to render it safe. Contact me prior to the class if you have any issues or concerns with this. I have "blue guns" that I will loan to folks that don't have a means to render their handgun safe, or don't care to.
If you have a long gun (carbine, shotgun, SMG, etc) that you use for home defense, bring it as well. We will discuss the pros and cons of each system, so run what ya brung.
For long guns, I prefer a flag safety device or similar so that we can render them safe. If you don't have one, I have several I will loan out. If you are running some sort of AR, a Blade Tech training bolt (about $15) will be required.
At least 1 handheld flashlight. If you have weapon-mounted lights, excellent, bring those as well, but you will still need a handheld flashlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac11FA

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The venue we ave exited for this 2-day training evolution is truly outstanding. A mix of standard residential layout and the truly unique/difficult.