Reactions: Leshaire

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Reminds me when you could buy a pistol or rifle anywhere with no wait but good luck finding ammo for it.

Sure add all the people you want to a trust but we will make it take soo long for approval you won't buy any

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
This personally sounds like poor business management to me. They made it 8 years, but couldn't wait for the economy to turn around in 1 more. I know sales are down purely because of the whole hpa crap. But was business that bad in the past 8 they didn't have a back up stash to keep the doors open?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
They ran a shit business. Treated SOTs like crap, never had stock available, and their margins were so low that there is no way they could have kept the doors open without turning out huge volumes...which they weren't doing.

We looked into selling their cans and you couldn't get them.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
They ran a shit business. Treated SOTs like crap, never had stock available, and their margins were so low that there is no way they could have kept the doors open without turning out huge volumes...which they weren't doing.

We looked into selling their cans and you couldn't get them.
This exactly. A lot more of their cans would have been sold if their reputation wasn't shit service. Their cans are cheap and we'll made for the price, but LOTS of people are turned away for their chronically terrible support. It seemed as though they wouldn't work with the end user, and you were lucky to get them to work with the SOT's. They brought it on themselves. Sucks for those that bought HTA cans, but they knew what they were getting into with HTA's CS department.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
This exactly. A lot more of their cans would have been sold if their reputation wasn't shit service. Their cans are cheap and we'll made for the price, but LOTS of people are turned away for their chronically terrible support. It seemed as though they wouldn't work with the end user, and you were lucky to get them to work with the SOT's. They brought it on themselves. Sucks for those that bought HTA cans, but they knew what they were getting into with HTA's CS department.
Nailed it!

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
IMO they should pass their warranty on to another company and pay that company to take care of their customers properly...

Yeah, there's some value in the customer lists and other things that are normally sold when a business goes under. Someone may announce that they've made a deal to buy up equipment/inventory/customers/etc.

It would be nice if I could at least pay someone else to work on it, should it have a problem.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Yeah, there's some value in the customer lists and other things that are normally sold when a business goes under. Someone may announce that they've made a deal to buy up equipment/inventory/customers/etc.

It would be nice if I could at least pay someone else to work on it, should it have a problem.
Yupp, well at least for everything that is under warranty I'd think.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Yupp, well at least for everything that is under warranty I'd think.

Warranty aside, I'm not sure that it would be easy to find anyone to work on it. Given that they don't know the factory dimensions, specs and tolerances, it would be a risk for someone else to fix a baffle strike or other problem.

I could probably pay a smith to do the work, but I'm sure he'd say there's not guarantees or warranty on what he did. I wouldn't do it personally- just too many unknowns.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

I dealt with them as and end user and had no complaints.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I dealt with them as and end user and had no complaints.
I've heard almost nothing but poor reviews in regards to their CS. From both dealers and end users. At some point a couple years ago, Hinton felt like it was turning around a bit, then suddenly tanked again. I was very close to getting a couple of their cans.