KhyberPass

GBC4L
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Chest rig to rule all chest rigs.

personally I don’t like crowding or double stacking mags on my front. Makes for awkward prone shooting, also throws you off balance and makes you bulkier than you need to be. You can run six mags flat across if you get single pouches and your rig/cummerbund allows you to. Even then I’d probably roll 5 singles if that’s all I could get opposed to 3x double pouches. Less is more and a lot can be supplemented on a belt-system.
With first aid kits concerned I’ve opted to wear mine on my belt and purchased a system that allows me to pull it free from behind so I can also have it out of my way

The “sack” front attachments are personal preference but I like mine a lot for storing gloves, tourniquet, marking items, gps etc. it easily flaps out of the way when taking a knee etc, but this can be easily replaced with a standard Fanny pack which is what we used to wear all the time.

so for what you’re wanting to do I think your chest rig is fine, flatten out your mags and keep it as slick as possible, wear your IFAK on your belt, and supplement a Fanny pack you can shift off to the side if you need more storage

EA362D18-7608-4CA9-A094-BCB4945A2773.jpeg CAE0D19D-E3D9-4255-AD02-80D70E6D6A33.jpeg 6BF1B624-C78E-4322-8620-28B4098E673C.jpeg DFD76AC6-EBA8-41A4-928A-A465D67CDDB4.jpeg 56704582-68D9-4E2B-A7EC-0EDA6598FAFA.jpeg E7B41A18-134E-4A99-9753-93CB0FAEF269.jpeg CB66BDEA-A964-4E35-9D42-11E8DF70CFF5.jpeg

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code

personally I don’t like crowding or double stacking mags on my front. Makes for awkward prone shooting, also throws you off balance and makes you bulkier than you need to be. You can run six mags flat across if you get single pouches and your rig/cummerbund allows you to. Even then I’d probably roll 5 singles if that’s all I could get opposed to 3x double pouches. Less is more and a lot can be supplemented on a belt-system.
With first aid kits concerned I’ve opted to wear mine on my belt and purchased a system that allows me to pull it free from behind so I can also have it out of my way

The “sack” front attachments are personal preference but I like mine a lot for storing gloves, tourniquet, marking items, gps etc. it easily flaps out of the way when taking a knee etc, but this can be easily replaced with a standard Fanny pack which is what we used to wear all the time.

so for what you’re wanting to do I think your chest rig is fine, flatten out your mags and keep it as slick as possible, wear your IFAK on your belt, and supplement a Fanny pack you can shift off to the side if you need more storage

View attachment 112754 View attachment 112763 View attachment 112759 View attachment 112761 View attachment 112760 View attachment 112758 View attachment 112757
That looks a shit-ton more comfortable in a prone position ... So, if you don't mind critiquing the OP, what would you suggest doing with a rig as was shown up-thread (other than throw it in the trash) ;)

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code
Where's @Jds556762, @Rabbit2047, @EugenFJR, @cmshoot, @1776 for some operator feed-back??

I'm no operator... and to be honest, I have a modern chest rig, but I prefer the old school H harness if I'm going to be carrying a rucksack. That being said, I don't like mags on my chest, so my modern rig has all of the mag pouches on the side, and I have a small ruck on the back of my plate carrier that has a camelback container for water, and I can carry extra shit. The big drawback is weight of course...If I don't have the plates in, it's pretty light and would be fine for 3 gun or Larping in the back yard. If you are really interested, I can take pictures later.

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code

View attachment 112754 View attachment 112763 View attachment 112759 View attachment 112761 View attachment 112760 View attachment 112758 View attachment 112757
What belt ifak is that?

cmshoot

Sniper
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
D1B229FB-D0FA-4EC0-8F23-EFC6ED36EE8F.jpeg
My rig is modular. The only thing that stays the same from course to course is the belt (inner and outer), the Safariland holster platform and the Rolly Polly. Everything else easily removes and attaches. The holsters snap into a plate on the rig.......they're the easiest part of the entire system to switch out.

I usually run a BDS Tactical plate carrier with Hesco L210-SH-SC-L plates in it. If I need more than 3 Carbine mags (1 in the weapon, 2 on the belt), I have a carrier that fastens to the front of my carrier and holds up to an additional 4 magazines. I am in the process of swapping that out for a BFG Stackable Ten-Speed pouch......whenever they’re back in stock.

The plate carrier I keep in my vehicle is more low key; a Ferro Concepts Slickster.

1a: Jones Tactical outer belt, with Cobra buckle

1b: Jones Tactical inner belt

2: Maxpedition Rolly Polly, large. I tried the medium, but found it sometimes difficult to get a mag in there while shootin' n' scootin'. Also, as an Instructor, I'm always sticking stuff in there like PACT timers, courses of fire and other gear.

3: Safariland 6004-25 holster platform using the QLS (Quick Locking System) plate. This allows just about any Safariland holster to be mounted to this rig. I've always hated "drop leg" holsters, but this one drops just far enough to get below vests and/or armor, but it's still mounted on the hip, not the leg. Super stable and secure, yet very quick.

4a: Safariland 6377 holster with QLS attachment, Beretta 92

4b: Safariland 6377 holster with QLS attachment, SIG P229

4c: Safariland 6377 holster with QLS attachment, Gov't model 1911

5: Safariland kydex Teklok pouches, AR15

6: Blade Tech Teklok pouches, AK

7: Ready Tactical kydex mag pouches, Beretta 92

8: Talon Tactical kydex mag pouches, 1911

9: Ready Tactical kydex mag pouches, SIG P229

10: California Competition works shotshell caddy

11: Safariland SxS shotshell holder. I usually put shotshells in the California CompWorks caddies and slugs in the SxS's.