REAL CLASS

Grunk

The Way of the Fallen is Hard
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Man, you just don’t even know how excited I got when I found Jolt cola at my local Dollar General store awhile back!

I hadn’t even seen that stuff since the late 80’s!
I only remember it came out in the 80s because I was managing a liquor store & the distributor was really pushing us to carry it. He was like, "You'll make tons of money off this!" My response was, "Have you seen the freakin' mark-up I got on that MD 20/20 you're trying to steal shelf space from"

lesptr

Sniper
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Reactions: BangBang

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I only remember it came out in the 80s because I was managing a liquor store & the distributor was really pushing us to carry it. He was like, "You'll make tons of money off this!" My response was, "Have you seen the freakin' mark-up I got on that MD 20/20 you're trying to steal shelf space from"
Speaking of liquor.....

@Froghunter loves Jack and Coke, but I think I’m going to get him to drink some Jack and Jolt sometime.

• Love
Reactions: Grunk

BangBang

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
Looks like the one I got from that fly by night outfit in tucker. Stone Mountain something or another. The rear sight dovetail was out of spec (or the Trijicon sight was out of spec, not likely).
Dang man, how bad out of spec was it? The slides on that Stone Mountain website looked a lot like slides I saw on other sites going by the brand name “Swenson”

All the slide parts went into my Alpha Wolf slide perfectly. I used OEM Glock night sights.

lesptr

Sniper
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Dang man, how bad out of spec was it? The slides on that Stone Mountain website looked a lot like slides I saw on other sites going by the brand name “Swenson”

All the slide parts went into my Alpha Wolf slide perfectly. I used OEM Glock night sights.
It was pretty bad. I was able to push the sight in with my thumb and it would slide side to side freely about a quarter inch. I had to roll the dovetail down, and use red loctite. They never returned an email or voice mail.

• Sad
Reactions: BangBang

BangBang

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
It was pretty bad. I was able to push the sight in with my thumb and it would slide side to side freely about a quarter inch. I had to roll the dovetail down, and use red loctite. They never returned an email or voice mail.
Man that sucks. Anybody can let a lemon slip through every once in awhile, but ignoring customers and not making it right is a deal breaker.

Reactions: Grunk