Range time

H

Hoss

Good deal. I'm going to go put a few hundred rounds through my AR pistol with the 22lr conversion kit.

Reactions: Froghunter

Froghunter

Hobo
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Vagrant
Zip code
The new Aztec scope appears to be a good one for the money, really like the reticle. The Norma ammo shot a good group at 50 yds but not so much at 100, the S&K standard grouped inch groups at 100 though.

Reactions: dial1911

Leshaire

Ninja
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Not trying to be a knit picking internet warrior here BUT.....

That holster has some issues my friend. The fact that the trigger is accessible while holstered is not ideal... Also, it looks like the left side rides damn near up to the frame, which makes it hard to wedge your fingers in there to grab the gun. Even more, kydex should never droop down into the ejection port. This creates too much and unpredictable retention. That should always be blocked off and the trigger guard should be where the retention lies.

On the bright side, the Rami's are dope!

Reactions: dial1911

Froghunter

Hobo
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Vagrant
Zip code
Not trying to be a knit picking internet warrior here BUT.....

That holster has some issues my friend. The fact that the trigger is accessible while holstered is not ideal... Also, it looks like the left side rides damn near up to the frame, which makes it hard to wedge your fingers in there to grab the gun. Even more, kydex should never droop down into the ejection port. This creates too much and unpredictable retention. That should always be blocked off and the trigger guard should be where the retention lies.

On the bright side, the Rami's are dope!
It wasn't all the way in the holster and I don't carry it 1911 style cocked and locked so the trigger isn't accessible. I catch the base of the mag with my ring finger and pinky and hook my middle finger behind the trigger where the kydex dips down. May not be common or considered safest but that's the way I wanted it. As far as the ejection port, it doesn't affect drawing the pistol, I used a heat gun to get the retention the way I wanted it. It's ugly as hell but pretty comfortable, not to bad for an old boot made into a holster. Thanks for thte concern though.

Last edited:

Leshaire

Ninja
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
View attachment 49418
It wasn't all the way in the holster and I don't carry it 1911 style cocked and locked so the trigger isn't accessible. I catch the base of the mag with my ring finger and pinky and hook my middle finger behind the trigger where the kydex dips down. May not be common or considered safest but that's the way I wanted it. As far as the ejection port, it doesn't affect drawing the pistol, I used a heat gun to get the retention the way I wanted it. It's ugly as hell but pretty comfortable, not to bad for an old boot made into a holster. Thanks for thte concern though.
Whenever you go to upgrade that piece of kydex, let me know so I can help you lol. Glad you like it for now though :)

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
Spotting at least two major firearms safety infractions.
It’s the latest internet craze. It’s called “The Hoss Challenge”

You chamber a round, put your finger on the trigger and then point it at your face while taking a pic.

All the tacticool kids are doing it. It proves that you’ve got balls and don’t have to follow anybody else’s stupid safety rules.

Reactions: 1776 and dial1911