PRS Match Oct 7th at Gun Site Hills

Faktory 47

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Chief doesn't do the greatest job marketing, so figured I'd throw it up here.

About 35 rounds total

The match I did there had one shot out at 700. The remainder were 550 and under.

Slow pace and Chief and the remainder of the shooters will help you get on target if you like. It's a good little intro into PRS if you are curious about getting into it and may be shy to go to a big match. Nothing to fancy. He has a mover at like 250 IIRC. It moves at a snail's pace. Stages have more than enough to get all rounds off and not feel rushed.

At the match I shot a few months ago, there were rifles and calibers off all types. Certainly some nice set ups, but there were also two AR's in 223, a stock Salvage 10 and a Bergara. Basically, bring what you got. He only allows a rear bag, bipod, sling and a pack. No tripods or pillow warriors with all the bags and such.

This was, and I would assume remain to be, a laid back match. Chiefs main goal is to get folks shooting. He isn't the biggest fan of PRS, so his stages and times took some liberties to lesson stress. There were some good shooters, but no sponsored shooters. Doesn't mean that a couple AO boys won't be out there though.

Come out and enjoy the match, some instruction and just shooting in the woods. Free range after the match which usually ends by noon. I'm gonna try to make it, but I'll be away from the family the next two Saturdays, so some begging will be in order.

IMG_20170617_074956.jpg

Reactions: dial1911

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
man I wish thus were closer to me.
Unfortunately, there aren't many that are close. Alabama Precision and Accurate Ordnance hosts matches south of Talladega, but they are intense 1 day or 2 day matches. MPA has an annual match, but again, it's intense and 2 days. Where people are usually willing to offer pointers, don't expect anyone telling you where and and far off your misses are.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Sounds like Chief and I have a lot in common when it comes to our views on PRS matches!

This sounds like a good time and I've heard nothing but good things about Gun Site Hills.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Is there a fee to enter?

Oh shoot, selling soap that weekend! Nevermind...