Project Cars - post your progress

Howard Law

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I picked up a new project car this week, a 2010 Crown Victoria police car. I was in the market for a project, and while this wasn't what I was looking for, I have a soft spot for these dinosaurs. The auction described this one as having a bad engine, but I was able to check it out in person and it started and ran without any issues.

It looks rough, but it's in better shape than it first appears.

uploadfromtaptalk1556505186597.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dial1911 and 1776

Hoss

International Man of Pallor
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Monticello
Zip code
I picked up a new project car this week, a 2010 Crown Victoria police car. I was in the market for a project, and while this wasn't what I was looking for, I have a soft spot for these dinosaurs. The auction described this one as having a bad engine, but I was able to check it out in person and it started and ran without any issues.

It looks rough, but it's in better shape than it first appears.

View attachment 50405
You drive it home?

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I started working on this one yesterday, checking it over for problems/needs. So far the list is mercifully short:

• New corner light (pirated for another car)
  • Passenger side power mirror not working, might need a replacement
  • Spare tire missing - typical, but I have one for it.
  • Need to put some of the interior back together. Trim pieces were stacked in the back seat when equipment was removed.

Mostly it just needs a major detailing. I started on that next. As I hoped, the spray paint comes off easily, and the decals are coming off pretty well.

uploadfromtaptalk1556508995470.jpg

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Is that a bullet hole in the A pillar?

Probably where they had the notorious spotlight mounted. But it does look like an Atlanta car so you never know.
Yes, it's the mounting point for the spotlight. I've got a spot light that I could install, but I prefer the look without it.

It is the same color as the city of Atlanta cars, but it's actually a Henry County car. One reason it caught my eye is the color, which indicated that it was one of the cars assigned to the Henry County H.E.A.T. (Highway Enforcement of Agressive Traffic) team. The cars were all dark blue and, importantly, had very little external marking and no roof lights.

uploadfromtaptalk1556541812814.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cudruln and Axeman

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Yes, it's the mounting point for the spotlight. I've got a spot light that I could install, but I prefer the look without it.

It is the same color as the city of Atlanta cars, but it's actually a Henry County car. One reason it caught my eye is the color, which indicated that it was one of the car assigned to the Henry County H.E.A.T. (Highway Enforcement of Agressive Traffic) team. The cars were all dark blue and, importantly, had very little external marking and no roof lights.

View attachment 50411

Whatcha gonna do with it when you’re done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Whatcha gonna do with it when you’re done?

I'm undecided. I like projects, so I always end up with one or two too many cars. The most likely scenario is that I'll get this one to a point where I'm happy with it for my own use, then I'll put it and another car up for sale. Whichever sells first is gone.

One reason I like this Crown Victoria is that it makes a great car for teens learning to drive. It's essentially a Mustang and F150 thrown in a blender - decent handling, tough, and relatively safe. I have a 15 year old that may learn driving on this one.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

It is the same color as the city of Atlanta cars, but it's actually a Henry County car. One reason it caught my eye is the color, which indicated that it was one of the cars assigned to the Henry County H.E.A.T. (Highway Enforcement of Agressive Traffic) team. The cars were all dark blue and, importantly, had very little external marking and no roof lights.

View attachment 50411
I woulda gone with boolit hole as it gives it more character. I didn't think an HEAT car would have a spotlight on it to keep it on the down low.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Oh, lord, here we go...
Pick your religion: Chevy, Dodge, Ford, or Toyota (listed alphabetically, of course)

Reactions: Herk and Grunk