This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Prayers, thoughts needed

Discussion in 'Good News, Charity Auctions and 501c3 Raffles' started by ReservoirDawg10, May 2, 2018.

1. ReservoirDawg10

ReservoirDawg10 Marksman
    Trusted Trader

Not sure where to put this, so move it if need be.

Friend of ours from college received some devastating news this past weekend. Their 18 month old son has a large brain tumor. Still in the "figuring everything out" stages, but at best, this looks to be a very, very long road for the family. My wife and I were friends with the mom during our GSU days and she is an absolute sweetheart. Breaks my heart to see this happening to them.

Quick and short background:
    The past several months, Ezra would get dizzy from time to time. Pediatrician said it had to do with numerous ear infections. So much so, that he was scheduled to have tubes put in next week. His mom also noticed that their son was holding his hand weird. Took him to the pediatrician and he chalked it up to a phase, saying he would grown out of it. Fast forward a couple months. Saturday morning, he took a tumble down their stairs. She took him into CHOA to make sure that he didn't have a concussion or break his wrist. He had no apparent issues from the fall, but the doc want to have a CT scan to make sure. Guess he had a bit of a gut feeling. What they found was horrifying. A very large tumor in his brain. Bigger than a golf ball. Had an MRI Tuesday/Monday (sorry, can't remember the exact day), and the MRI revealed that it is indeed very large and encompasses the optical nerve. It also is not self contained and is part of the brain matter. They are having a biopsy performed today for more info.

Thoughts and prayers needed for this family. I can't imaging receiving news like this for one of my kids and the turmoil that they must be enduring.

Her sister did set up a GoFundMe account. If any of you can find a few dollars to send their way, I know it will be put to good use.

https://www.gofundme.com/small-blessings-for-the-king-family

2. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Prayers for them, not a good thing to have especially so young.

ReservoirDawg10 likes this.
  3. karlvv

karlvv Russian Hacker
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

That is horrible. I couldn't even imagine what they must be going through. I truly hope the little guy can get through this.

4. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Wolverine
    Trusted Trader

Sad news to read. Prayers sent for Ezera and the family. It’s awful to have to see your child go through something you have no control over. Keep the faith and pray

5. Cudruln

Cudruln Cruzn down da skreet
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Prayers for their family. I know a couple that has a kid with the same condition, it has been a long road for them.

6. Hayata

Hayata Weekend Warrior
    Lifetime Supporter

Prayers for the family and their medical team!

Can't imagine what the parents are going through.