Post today's workout

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
The workout was a double down drop set.
I.e.
I did a few sets, building up to a comfortable 5 rep set. Them, each time I drop weight, I double the reps, regardless of the number of sets. For instance, the last weight on low row was 80lbs at 160 reps and it took 14 sets to hit the reps.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
The workout was a double down drop set.
I.e.
I did a few sets, building up to a comfortable 5 rep set. Them, each time I drop weight, I double the reps, regardless of the number of sets. For instance, the last weight on low row was 80lbs at 160 reps and it took 14 sets to hit the reps.
I'm too old for this crap anyway, but I try to pump some iron a few times a week to maintain strength. Watching some trainers, I see a lot of seemingly knowledgeable guys say too many reps is bad, bad, bad.

What are your goals, and how do those high reps help you?

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
I'm too old for this crap anyway, but I try to pump some iron a few times a week to maintain strength. Watching some trainers, I see a lot of seemingly knowledgeable guys say too many reps is bad, bad, bad.

What are your goals, and how do those high reps help you?
Anyone who says that any one style is bad, likely has no clue what they're talking about.
As long as your form isn't terrible, it all has uses.
With the extremely high rep stuff, there is a minimal risk of rhabdomyolysis, but that tends to present in vegetarians in vegans more than in normal people.
I train to be able to lift heavy shit, a shit load of times.

Reactions: Tedkennedy

Fender

Hunter
Feb 11, 2019
Dallas, GA
Technically yesterday, but I capped off my weekday workouts this week with a 5 mile conditioning run. Just a consistent, nonstop 5 miles at 8mph, in 37:30 minutes. Normally stop conditioning runs at 4 miles but I think it's time to increase. Generated a buttload of sweat though, that's for sure.

Reactions: 1776