Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
These are fun to build and mine shoots perfect will post pictures next time I go to the range as I was a lazy ass the last time I went and did not take pictures LMAO.

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
These are fun to build and mine shoots perfect will post pictures next time I go to the range as I was a lazy ass the last time I went and did not take pictures LMAO.
I'm pretty excited to get it started! I got to get a drill press though. I know I can do it with a hand drill and dremel. But I just feel I'd be a safer bet for me with a drill press.

Reactions: dial1911

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I'm pretty excited to get it started! I got to get a drill press though. I know I can do it with a hand drill and dremel. But I just feel I'd be a safer bet for me with a drill press.

I have used a Drill press to do 80% AR lowers and they turned out great.
But I now have a Mill/Drill combo and it works Awesome ;)
IMG_0393.JPG

Reactions: roadsignmcclanahan

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
That's the dream! I'm in the starting phase of building a little workshop at the house. So I'm. Little ways off from owning a mill/drill. But one day!

I picked up my Mill/Drill on Craigslist , and then bought the Milling Bits I needed, so I have as of now 600.00 total in it.
The head on the Milling machine did not need rebuilding when I bought it but the guy had new Bearings that went with the machine, so I took it apart and put the New Bearings in it and voilà I have a good running machine (it ran just fine beafore I put the bearings in it, I just wanted to be sure I got lots of years of service out of it LOL).

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
I picked up my Mill/Drill on Craigslist , and then bought the Milling Bits I needed, so I have as of now 600.00 total in it.
The head on the Milling machine did not need rebuilding when I bought it but the guy had new Bearings that went with the machine, so I took it apart and put the New Bearings in it and voilà I have a good running machine (it ran just fine beafore I put the bearings in it, I just wanted to be sure I got lots of years of service out of it LOL).
Thats good to know! That would be the channels I'd be going to, to find one. I ended up getting a little impatient with the 80% just laying there. So I balls up, grabbed the dremel slapped it in a vise and went for it. After about 20 minutes of dremel work I started sanding it to where it needed to be. The front is done, just have to finalize the guide rod channel, and do the back rails. Which I will need to get a press to do. So far it's turning out really well though!

Reactions: Balthaz

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Thats good to know! That would be the channels I'd be going to, to find one. I ended up getting a little impatient with the 80% just laying there. So I balls up, grabbed the dremel slapped it in a vise and went for it. After about 20 minutes of dremel work I started sanding it to where it needed to be. The front is done, just have to finalize the guide rod channel, and do the back rails. Which I will need to get a press to do. So far it's turning out really well though!

That is the same issue I have when I get a new project, glad to see I am not the only one.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
IMG_6418.JPG Well, i was doing a good PMCS and noticed that the locking block was broke....

Shot them an email just now with the pic.

Herk

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
Damn, I kinda want to do this now.

So I've gone and done it. The online instructions very clearly say to NOT drill the holes with a drill press, ONLY with a hand drill. The same instructions say that vigorous pounding is needed to get the trigger pin inserted correctly. I followed both instructions and the trigger pin hole looks kind of "egged out" and a bunch of plastic shavings got pushed out of the hole when I pounded the pin in. If the instructions hadn't said that lots of force is considered normal, I would never have used that much force to pound the trigger pin through.

Now the slide does a weird thing where if I don't let it slam shut violently after dry-firing and holding the trigger down it hangs up and doesn't close until the trigger is reset. Even then, the slide often doesn't close completely and pressing the trigger is required to completely close the slide. This issue is not present on my OEM Glock frame.

Did I mess something up? Did I get a lemon? What say you guys?