Plate Carrier/ Plates

preppingjedi

Hunter
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
Long story short I purchased a set of 11x14 plates from www.spartanarmorsystems.com back in March. My plan was to purchase a PC later on, which I have done. I didn't realize that any PC I can find is for larger body types. The company will not accept a return/exchange for the plates that I purchased back in March.

Can anyone suggest a plate carrier that fits an average build that will hold 11x14 plates???

Thanks, preppingjedi

Huddy

Sniper
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Take the plates and yourself to a local shop and try em on. I have a banshee, which is top notch, but feels small on me (6'1")...and I don't think 11x14 plates would fit. Also have a couple of condor PCs that fit well and I think the paper work said the bigger plates would fit. Maybe check that out, just don't expect the condors to be the utmost quality and really dig through them to find one without missed stitches.

preppingjedi

Hunter
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
Take the plates and yourself to a local shop and try em on. I have a banshee, which is top notch, but feels small on me (6'1")...and I don't think 11x14 plates would fit. Also have a couple of condor PCs that fit well and I think the paper work said the bigger plates would fit. Maybe check that out, just don't expect the condors to be the utmost quality and really dig through them to find one without missed stitches.
Thanks, the PC I tried is actually a Condor EXO XL, even at the smallest setting it moves, and there's no strap to hold the plates. The site I ordered from says they have another carrier, the BCS that adjusts from 2xl-4x and that's WAY too big for sure.

preppingjedi

Hunter
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
I also tried fitting these plates inside a Condor 'gunner' PC but those are too small.

Herk

Woodsman
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
I've never tried the Testudo, just going by feedback from others. I'd bet that it was made with average body types in mind though.