Plastic fantastic.

Faktory 47

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Take two plastic testing, this time around I had a HK MK23, Glock 21, Sig 1911 for comparison.

G21:
The Good.
It surprised me somewhat in that there was no stray on the first round as with some plastics and my groupings about as good as the 1911 just a little further off target but still I have hundreds if not thousands of rounds trough the 1911 platform and very few through this.
The Bad.
Trigger is a bit gritty as with all the other Glocks I have fired. It feels cheap compared to the other two but then again it is much cheaper. its bigger (fatter) ]than the 1911 and harder to conceal.

Mark23:
The Good: First time shooting this beast I was more accurate then even with the 1911 so this may be the most accurate handgun at least in my hands. Trigger in single action is fantastic making it an absolute pleasure to shoot.
The Bad: Its huuge, making it impossible to conceal and even with my large hands its a bit awkward to reach the mag release. Trigger is bad in double action I mean really bad, its super heavy and doesn't break until so far back that its hard to get the finger all the way there. Lastly the thread protector on the barrel would come loose but Im sure a little lock-tite would solve that.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
d038b06b3f4a1645ae449199de7931cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I think it's interesting to hear people describe different triggers. I think we all look for various things and describe them to fit our personal feelings. Because I have heard people describe the glock trigger as "spongy". That is a term I use to describe Sig triggers. To me the glock trigger is VERY crisp. It does have a sort of "rattle" in that you can hear/feel some spring movement AFTER the break from inside the frame, but the takeup to the point of break, is basically zero pounds, then it literally hits a wall and breaks directly at about 5.5 pounds from there with no other trigger movement. To me that is ideal and I love it. The sig triggers that I call spongy are because the takeup has some weight to it, then it transitions to where the trigger breaks (at a lighter weight than the glock trigger). So the difference in feel from taking up the slack in the trigger to breaking the trigger is minimal (some may call that "smooth", but to me it's just spongy and provides little tactile feedback). I don't get that major distinction from taking up slack to a short break in the feel of my trigger finger I get from a glock. As such, I shoot the glocks so much better because I have trained my muscle memory to immediately take up the slack on a glock trigger and my finger knows just where that point is. Then all I have to do is apply consistent pressure from there and the gun breaks like a single action to me.

I guess it's just personal preference in the end. But I'll take Glocks trigger even over a good 1911 trigger because it feels "right" to me.

Reactions: Frogman

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
so I guess as a 1911 fanboy i should go with Slim Frame or Gen 4, does that also apply to the 17,19 and 21?

Have G21 SF in 45 for sale on here. Extra grip already installed, I mean burned in..

Reactions: Frogman

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I think it's interesting to hear people describe different triggers. I think we all look for various things and describe them to fit our personal feelings. Because I have heard people describe the glock trigger as "spongy". That is a term I use to describe Sig triggers. To me the glock trigger is VERY crisp. It does have a sort of "rattle" in that you can hear/feel some spring movement AFTER the break from inside the frame, but the takeup to the point of break, is basically zero pounds, then it literally hits a wall and breaks directly at about 5.5 pounds from there with no other trigger movement. To me that is ideal and I love it. The sig triggers that I call spongy are because the takeup has some weight to it, then it transitions to where the trigger breaks (at a lighter weight than the glock trigger). So the difference in feel from taking up the slack in the trigger to breaking the trigger is minimal (some may call that "smooth", but to me it's just spongy and provides little tactile feedback). I don't get that major distinction from taking up slack to a short break in the feel of my trigger finger I get from a glock. As such, I shoot the glocks so much better because I have trained my muscle memory to immediately take up the slack on a glock trigger and my finger knows just where that point is. Then all I have to do is apply consistent pressure from there and the gun breaks like a single action to me.

I guess it's just personal preference in the end. But I'll take Glocks trigger even over a good 1911 trigger because it feels "right" to me.

I think the difference is more in what words we use to describe the feeling more than it actually feeling different.
What you call "rattle" I call "gritty", what you call "spongy" i call "long travel" shoot a stock Tavor Sar and you will experience a true sponge. also I agree that some of the Sig triggers have long travel and i dont like it but the SRT is pretty sweet.

I totally aggregate though that in the end its all personal preference, I shoot well with some guns and badly with others for me the Glock is somewhere 75 percentile while the the CS 75, Sig 226, MK23 and a good 1911 are in the 95 percentile.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I think the difference is more in what words we use to describe the feeling more than it actually feeling different.
What you call "rattle" I call "gritty", what you call "spongy" i call "long travel" shoot a stock Tavor Sar and you will experience a true sponge. also I agree that some of the Sig triggers have long travel and i dont like it but the SRT is pretty sweet.

I totally aggregate though that in the end its all personal preference, I shoot well with some guns and badly with others for me the Glock is somewhere 75 percentile while the the CS 75, Sig 226, MK23 and a good 1911 are in the 95 percentile.
The problem is that very few massed produced guns have a consistently good trigger out of the box. Most leave you in need of an upgrade to make things right. Sigs are good, but the SRT is better. CZ omega is good, but CGW makes it better. With a Glock things are consistently gritty, but I can fix it in less than an hour for really zero cost. I can spend more, but I don't necessarily need to in order to get an improvement.

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
The problem is that very few massed produced guns have a consistently good trigger out of the box. Most leave you in need of an upgrade to make things right. Sigs are good, but the SRT is better. CZ omega is good, but CGW makes it better. With a Glock things are consistently gritty, but I can fix it in less than an hour for really zero cost. I can spend more, but I don't necessarily need to in order to get an improvement.

The srt is a mass produced factory trigger in many, off the shelf sig offerings and I have newer shot an omega standard off the shelf 75s have great triggers but that's my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Kobayashi

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Yep. In the end, it's all personal preference. So arguing which trigger is "better" is essentially pointless. I'm of the opinion that with sufficient training and trigger time, any shooter can adjust and become comfortable with any trigger (whether generally accepted as a good or bad trigger) to the point where their muscle memory will adapt to that specific trigger and make them like it more than any other. It's all about training. And we have each developed personal preferences in triggers from the first day we started shooting, then depending on our shooting habits/gun choices through the years, we have developed a very individual specific taste in triggers. And the only way to modify those tastes is substantial trigger time with a different trigger. The question for each of us is do we even want to make such a change. There may be valid reasons for some to make a change, and there may be some people that wouldn't make much sense for. So we each choose our guns accordingly. Which works out well because there's plenty of guns out there for all of us to get what we want and like.

Happy Shooting!