Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
So, I decided to buy a few parts for the Ar15 build from Optics Planet and I got ripped. I wanted an aluminum buffer tube for the light weight and thought I was getting a good deal. Here is the ad below had to capture in two images due to screen shots from the phone.

First half of screen:

Screenshot_20180516-133536.png

Second half (note package contents)

20180516_201632.png

So, imagine my surprise when I received this!

20180516_201016.jpg

Note that the package contents state that castle nut and end plate not included! So I contacted customer support telling them something is not right:

"Customer's Submission

I recently ordered the 2A Armament AR15 Billet Buffer Tube, Black, Mil Spec, 8 position, 2A-BTU6-12CU-RBT-ARBBT-2A-BTU6 and the description says it comes with castle nut and end plate yet the product I received did not have these items. Had I known I was paying that much for just a buffer tube I would not have ordered it. Either make it right or I will return as I am not happy. Nor will I order from you again. "

Their first response:

"Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you for following up with your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have forwarded this to our Logistics department. They will investigate this matter and get back to you within 1-2 business days."

Their second response:

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the missing components from your recent order with us. In cases such as these, we regularly reach out to the manufacturer and will have the missing components shipped directly from their facility since we do not stock replacement parts. This process under normal circumstances takes 1-3 business days to receive a response and we will update you with any new information as we receive it. This process is reliant on the manufacturer, and although rare, it could take longer than 1-3 business days. As a last resort, the item can always be returned and exchanged for a new unit or refund if we are unable to have the missing parts sent.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and would like you to accept coupon code for 10% off of one future order with us due to the problems experienced on your order.
If you have any questions regarding your order or would like a status update, please contact us via the phone number below for immediate assistance.

Best Regards,

Operations Support Team
Phone: (800) 504-5897"

Their third reaponse:

Dear Scott,

We have received a response from the manufacturer regarding the missing components on your order. They have agreed to ship out the missing components but unfortunately have not provided tracking information for the shipment. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery. Should the manufacturer provide tracking for your items at a later date, we will be sure to forward this information to you as soon as it becomes available.
We appreciate your patience in allowing us to resolve this matter for you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Operations Support Team
Phone: (800) 504-5897"

This took place over in a little over a day and a half. The original order shipped on May 6th and I did not receive my package in the mailbox until 15 May 2018. I am not sure how long it will take to receive the 19th parts sent from the OEM. They missed the WHOLE POINT of why I contacted them in the first place.

The ITEM received did not match the DESCRIPTION of what they werr showing on the site. They had 4 ordering options with varying prices and all said they had the castle nut and end plate included.

On 2A Armament's web site (just checked today) the following model number 2A-BTU6-1 (what I ordered) shows that it is buffer tube only yet that ordering option on Optics Planet's site says the castle nut and end plate are included!

I guess they don't even know what they are selling. Now you do. I am pissed because I already waited 9 days for the parts from Optics Planet and now I have to wait more days to get the other parts from OEM. The upside is that I am getting a $99 kit (2A-BTA6-1 on 2A Armament's site) for $48.99 from Optics Planet after trying to tell them the issue plus 10% off coupon code! Just have to wait even more time to get additional parts. And sad thing is they did not fix the issue on their web site. :frusty:

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Dang Mac you had to work hard for that deal. Hopefully when it all shows up you’ll feel better about it when it all comes together. The last order I did with OP was the Vltor pistol tube and a delta ring kit. I had to cancel the delta ring kit because they finally said after 3 days it was on backorder and they were waiting on it from manufacture to ship all the items at one time. So I got the Vltor pistol tube that was even harder to find which I was ok about it when it arrived.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That sucks. At least you're getting the parts fo free and a discount code. I'm pretty sure IV8888 and Mr Guns and Gear have coupon codes for optics planet as well. I'm not sure that you can combine them but it'd be worth checking out.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
If anyone wants the hassle I am sure you can get the same deal! LOL!

I am broke so not ordering anything else from them.

Also, if anyone wants to order from them PM me and I will send the discount code. I am sure it is a one shot code.

Last edited:

Kalashnikov

Hunter
Nov 8, 2016
Murrayville
Zip code
Had a similar experience with a meprolight sight, was supposed to come with a killflash and a polarizer. Still waiting on the items, the email chain is very similar.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
So they are just a 3rd party with no idea what they sell!

Terrible that you gotta fact check their part numbers, but good to know!

Reactions: dial1911

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I had a credit from sending back a rail somebody bought me as a gift that was the wrong rail. I was looking at rails on my phone(not logged in), and the price was $140. When I went onto my computer(logged into the account with the store credit) the price for the same rail was $160. I tried logging out, clearing cookies, etc and couldn't get the price to change.

I ended up putting the rail into the shopping cart on my phone, then logging in on my phone to apply the credit and ordering that way.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Speaking of OpticsPlanet, I had an issue with the way they handled the headlamp I tried to buy from them.
It's a Petzl STRIX IR. Typically $200 or so, I found it there for $144 (they have a version that has no IR light in it, but oddly it was MORE expensive). I added it to my cart, paid for it, and waited.
6 days later, I was curious why I hadn't gotten a shipped notice, so I checked. It said something about a HOLD on the order, so I called.
Apparently I'd missed the fact that they considered the item to be MIL/LE only, and required a letter of authorization. For a headlamp????
What really burned me was that they had no intention of letting me know there was a problem, they were content to let me wait and wonder.

So I checked TacticalGear.com, found the EXACT SAME light. Called them and asked if they'd match the OpticsPlanet price, and they did.
Without the stupid MIL/LE requirement.
I have it now, and it's awesome. Best headlight I've ever had, probably last one I'll ever need.

Now I need an IR scope...

Reactions: 1776

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Speaking of OpticsPlanet, I had an issue with the way they handled the headlamp I tried to buy from them.
It's a Petzl STRIX IR. Typically $200 or so, I found it there for $144 (they have a version that has no IR light in it, but oddly it was MORE expensive). I added it to my cart, paid for it, and waited.
6 days later, I was curious why I hadn't gotten a shipped notice, so I checked. It said something about a HOLD on the order, so I called.
Apparently I'd missed the fact that they considered the item to be MIL/LE only, and required a letter of authorization. For a headlamp????
What really burned me was that they had no intention of letting me know there was a problem, they were content to let me wait and wonder.

So I checked TacticalGear.com, found the EXACT SAME light. Called them and asked if they'd match the OpticsPlanet price, and they did.
Without the stupid MIL/LE requirement.
I have it now, and it's awesome. Best headlight I've ever had, probably last one I'll ever need.

Now I need an IR scope...
Why the fuck would a headlamp be MIL/LE only???

Reactions: Axeman

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I bought 1 or 2 scopes from them with no issues to date.

No one wants the 10% off coupon code they gave me???

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I bought 1 or 2 scopes from them with no issues to date.

No one wants the 10% off coupon code they gave me???

I'm considering a
Bushnell Equinox Z 4.5 x 40
...doing the research. If it winds up nobody else has wanted the code by the time I decide, I'll be happy to use it.

Anyone know of a better / cheaper idea for NV than this thing?
My plan is to use it in conjunction with a Holosun HE403C, or with my Nikon P-223 scope for longer range (I did get the P-223 scope from OptickPlanted a while back)

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Update: 2A Armament stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park! I got home today to find the end plate and castle nut in the mailbox! Also, they stand behind their products as even though they were not at fault they sent the parts to me free of charge. I wrote John back at let him know that Optics Planet was at fault and how much I appreciated the gift. I see more 2A Armament parts in my future!!

Reactions: SouthernSlammed
H

Hoss

Update: 2A Armament stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park! I got home today to find the end plate and castle nut in the mailbox! Also, they stand behind their products as even though they were not at fault they sent the parts to me free of charge. I wrote John back at let him know that Optics Planet was at fault and how much I appreciated the gift. I see more 2A Armament parts in my future!!
Truett Cathy said that it takes 6x for a company to do something right for a customer to make up for one bad experience. He said it only takes one time going over the top to correct an issue to make up and win a customer for life.