Optic advice

Faktory 47
H

Hoss

I've had my AR pistol with KAK brace for a while and purchased a Sightmark optic for it to see if I really wanted or needed an optic. I definitely like it and, for only $100 out did surprising well. I have that I have to remember to turn it off after using it and it has a reflection in certain light conditions. I decided to move it over to my dedicated 22lr AR and but the bullet on a better quality optic.

I want something that will either stay on 100% of the time or shut off by itself, has a qr mount and can take a drop or two. I'd prefer AA or AAA battery instead of watch batteries. I'm hoping for something in the <$350 range.

Ideas? Best place to purchase?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I can’t think of anything other than an Aimpoint PRO or the model below it that have that kind of battery life and a mount that comes off quickly.

If the QR mount wasn’t a deal breaker the Vortex Spark AR is a great option and Truprep sells them.

H

Hoss

I can’t think of anything other than an Aimpoint PRO or the model below it that have that kind of battery life and a mount that comes off quickly.

If the QR mount wasn’t a deal breaker the Vortex Spark AR is a great option and Truprep sells them.
Yeah, it's not like I'm in a war zone and need to make sure I don't break it. I guess the sparc with the rubberized shell would be good.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah, it's not like I'm in a war zone and need to make sure I don't break it. I guess the sparc with the rubberized shell would be good.
I had the sparc AR, different from the sparc if you didn’t know, and I liked it. Took a aaa battery and was really slim since they used the riser as the battery compartment so the battery wasn’t sticking off the side.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Thats a pretty good budget to get a great dot. My vote is PRO. Best bang for your buck if you can handle the weight. 11.8 or so ounces isnt light...

Reactions: Hoss

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
while you can get some cheaper options that would fit the bill well like the sparc or a primary arms advanced with the 60k battery life. But best option in my opinion is the one thats already been said a bunch, aimpoint pro for the win. Super sturdy, battery life is a couple years, qd mount. had a bunch of vortex and primary arms sights and loved them all but none of them were near as nice as my aimpoint

H

Hoss

Any thoughts on the Holosun 510c? The reviews are stellar and I like the solar charged battery. The price is right at $250ish.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I'm glad to see Sig putting out quality optics rather than rebranding the NCStar shit like they did in the past.
I hear ya there. I was very impressed with the various red dots and scopes I handled from them today. Good clarity and real nice features. The one I linked will be on my scorpion real soon. The armory had it in the ~$400 range

Reactions: Rwjeter and Hoss
H

Hoss

So... I got this.

06687a1c9a1784dbd8d8413360cc1d9c.jpg
ef3f96f03ec79475ef1283b37cb7d908.jpg