Opinions : Benelli M1

Faktory 47

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I've been offered one in trade but I'm not that familiar with them.

Opinions?
Issues to look for?
Value?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

T_Max

Southeast Pimp Style
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
awesome shotgun i have 4 of them , 1000s of rounds thru 2 of them , never a problem , standard M-1 Should be worth 700.00 to 825.00 kinda depends on what model and condition , does it have all 5 choke tubes with it? comfort tech stock or the older version? either is good

Reactions: Miles and Kobayashi

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Never owned one, but a guy I used to pheasant hunt with swore by his. He was a fantastic shot, and he could afford whatever shotgun he desired, so I'm gonna say GTG on that.

Reactions: Miles and Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
awesome shotgun i have 4 of them , 1000s of rounds thru 2 of them , never a problem , standard M-1 Should be worth 700.00 to 825.00 kinda depends on what model and condition , does it have all 5 choke tubes with it? comfort tech stock or the older version? either is good
Here's some info from the description:

18.5" chrome lined barrel. 7+1 capacity. Factory ghost ring sights.

Mesa Tactical Urbino stock with Limbsaver
FFT forend
FFT follower
GG&G charging handle
2018 Meprolight tritium inserts
Mod choke

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

T_Max

Southeast Pimp Style
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
someone put some money in to this shotgun, im betting it was used or built for 3 gun competition, if you are looking for a hunting shotgun this is not it, home defense. 3 gun , or all around play toy then you are good to go

Reactions: Lionheart

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
someone put some money in to this shotgun, im betting it was used or built for 3 gun competition, if you are looking for a hunting shotgun this is not it, home defense. 3 gun , or all around play toy then you are good to go
How would it change your opinion on value?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cmshoot

Sniper
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The Benelli inertia system requires a certain amount of recoil in order for the gun to function, so they’re light. Don’t hang/attach a bunch of shit to it........make it too heavy and it won’t cycle reliably.

Some Benelli’s run great with reduced/managed recoil loads, and some don’t. If you want to try loads like those, buy a bunch and run them through the gun to see how they do.

I much prefer the Velcro sidesaddle from Esstac to ones that attach by replacing the pin through the receiver that retains the trigger group. Not always, but in my experience the ones that replace that pin with a through bolt/screw can cause issues. Tighten it down enough so that the sidesaddle is secure and doesn’t move, and you end up squeezing the receiver slightly and inducing malfunctions. Don’t tighten it down so much and the gun runs great, but the sidesaddle rattles and is loose.

As a matter of fact, I run the Esstac Velcro sidesaddle on all my scatterguns. Sometimes I want one on there, and sometimes I don’t. With the Velcro, I can install and remove it in seconds.

If the top of the receiver is drilled and tapped, Mesa Tactical makes a Picatinny rail/sidesaddle combo that attaches there. They’re very nice.

GG&G makes a great rear sling mount.

The Surefire dedicated forend is stellar, but since it’s a semi-auto there are a lot of different methods to attach a good light. On my M1S90, I have a small rail that clamps to the mag tube, attached a Surefire to it, and velcroed the pressure pad to the stock forend.

I like a short LOP on a tactical shotgun, and you can’t find a replacement stock with a shorter LOP very easily. I cut mine down, but that ain’t nearly as simple as it sounds.