-buy some new 458 socom ammo
-buy an epic fucking mountain of corn

handloader

Marksman
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I put out corn/feed every week to keep the mamas and fawns healthy. Plus my scent stays in the area to help keep predators away and the deer use to it. I'll be updating my feeders soon to more economical methods. Ladder stands and blinds stay.

erkinator

AV Trunk Monkey
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
2 weeks heading down to scout,found paths they taking just out of our range.Going to tweak stand placement,clear and keep updating new areas to hunt. No feeders this year till august. Hunting near them for first time did not seem to change luck. They know when shits going on and change habits anyway despite the corn. More so using it to keep them on the land

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I am planning on leaving the stand up. Going to keep the corn going at a modest level and increase closer up to start of season. My biggest thing I have for the off season is to open up more spots to hunt. I am currently limited because of the dense under growth on the property.

handloader

Marksman
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I am planning on leaving the stand up. Going to keep the corn going at a modest level and increase closer up to start of season. My biggest thing I have for the off season is to open up more spots to hunt. I am currently limited because of the dense under growth on the property.
My dense undergrowth keeps them using my land as a bedding area. I keep it cleaned out around the house, my pistol range with a feeder at the back, and a field where my pecans, pears, etc. are. Other than that I have 2, 14 ft wide lanes, 1 100 yards for shooting rifles, 1 about 200 yards with a feeder in the middle. That way I have plenty of hunting room, but the wildlife has abundant cover to feel safe on the property. They dont seem to mind the other narrow service roads, but you don't see them using my trails. They always pop out of cover on their trails headed for food about dark, or when the waether has them moving around. I feed them well, and I take a couple for my freezer. It is good for the heard and for me. Net cost is about $600 annualy for feed and mineral blocks. Time with the kid, friends, nephew and nieces out shooting is invaluable to me.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I am truly fortunate. I hunt 160 acres of Indian land, just me, huge oak/hickory woods, prob 40 cultivated. It's leased "for ag only", meaning sometimes there's cows on it. I simply use a climbing stand, and hunt the woods, no land management involved.

I also have 160 of my family land and I put food plots in, run feeders from Sep-Feb. I just spent the last two weekends sawing up and burning some big dead trees, one of which held my (now destroyed) ladder stand. I have a bit more chainsaw work to do, and I need to purchase/install a new ladder stand. (I cleared a good spot for it already)

Both places are about an hour from my house, the family place has hogs often.....