Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Has anyone heard, seen or used OATH Ammo? A friend of mine posted this who has worked in the firearms industry for decades. And keep in mind, this is an underpowered .380ACP round.

"OATH Ammo .380ACP gel tested...all energy dumped inside target. This stuff is truly amazing. First civilian shooting with this stuff happened about 2 weeks in GA, yes, I will get you all the link. The ER doctors that saw the perpetrator who was shot said that they wouldn't have been able to save them even if they were on the operating table right when it happened; the guy's insides were liquefied"

12314090_1567124173529436_846026347867386802_n.jpg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
"the guy's insides were liquefied"

Bullshit.

I mean the hollowpoint may be good at expansion so thats good, but the "doctor's" claims are bull.

Looks similar to G2 VIP ammo
Beat me to it. These types of claims by companies turn me off faster than a screaming car dealer commercial.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I've used it.
Works as shown in gel, but not in anything else.
Humans and other animals have skin, muscle, bones, etc, not a sack of gel.
In hard barriers it rips apart. Which is not always a bad thing.
It kind of performs like the RIP ammo, but better penetration

Reactions: dougiemac

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
"the guy's insides were liquefied"

Bullshit.

I mean the hollowpoint may be good at expansion so thats good, but the "doctor's" claims are bull.

Looks similar to G2 VIP ammo
G2, who ripped off Lehigh Defense....

Lehigh is the OG of this BS ammo. All the rest are copies, of a good idea that doesn't quite perform.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Besides the hype of advertising anything new that comes along there are some who actually try stuff out. If it's beneficial in some way, it can be used for that intended purpose. OATH has Halo and Tango (penetration or expansion, work about as advertised) Not my favorite or anything, but it does work and it's not very expensive.
Of course forum logic dictates that if it's not endorsed by some military "hero" that carries a flock of nutswingers, it will be deemed a fad. Those nutswingers are usually the closeminded ones that carry a S&W sigma, get WWB at Walmart, and use a Rem 700 turdyoddsix to hunt cause deddy did dat and it werkd gud fer him.
Don't venture off into anything new cause wutnheckizdat will take billybob off course as deddy always say.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Besides the hype of advertising anything new that comes along there are some who actually try stuff out. If it's beneficial in some way, it can be used for that intended purpose. OATH has Halo and Tango (penetration or expansion, work about as advertised) Not my favorite or anything, but it does work and it's not very expensive.
Of course forum logic dictates that if it's not endorsed by some military "hero" that carries a flock of nutswingers, it will be deemed a fad. Those nutswingers are usually the closeminded ones that carry a S&W sigma, get WWB at Walmart, and use a Rem 700 turdyoddsix to hunt cause deddy did dat and it werkd gud fer him.
Don't venture off into anything new cause wutnheckizdat will take billybob off course as deddy always say.
When they use quotes from "doctors" that claim the bullets "liquefy" the patient's insides, they lose me. It's obvious crap.

Reactions: Strider12

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
While it is very possible to liquefy the internals with a gunshot, it takes a hell of a shock wave to do it.

Saw my brother in law's doe last year- as soon as he cut up the belly, the insides literally poured out. It was about a 50 yard shot with a .300 Win Mag. There was almost nothing left inside the doe.

I don't think a .380 can liquefy anything larger than a mouse. But I'm no expert. Or mouse hunter.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Where's the link to the first civilian use? If it existed, why wasn't it included? I don't think that's a picture of a .380.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
When they use quotes from "doctors" that claim the bullets "liquefy" the patient's insides, they lose me. It's obvious crap.

Are you saying that instant gut-liquification isn't real? Are you some sort of fluid dynamics scientist or something?

Reactions: Strider12

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Sure, that's an exaggeration.
Conclusive testing should be the deciding factor, not bogus advertising or forum hype. The problem is that forum hype is usually preferred as the deciding factor over most every other measure including advertising or actual testing...the only "honest" part being "YMMV" claims which have as much to do with bullet construction as grandma's meatloaf recipe

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Sure, that's an exaggeration.
Conclusive testing should be the deciding factor, not bogus advertising or forum hype. The problem is that forum hype is usually preferred as the deciding factor over most every other measure including advertising or actual testing...the only "honest" part being "YMMV" claims which have as much to do with bullet construction as grandma's meatloaf recipe
Exaggerations in marketing equal lies. That tells me all I need to know about the company.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Oh, the "all I need to know" logic. Got it.
View attachment 11649
Are they on your boycott list?
There are enough reputable companies that make excellent products that I'm not forced into dealing with companies that peddle snake oil with lies. If you want to call that a boycott list, go for it.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
There are enough reputable companies that make excellent products that I'm not forced into dealing with companies that peddle snake oil with lies. If you want to call that a boycott list, go for it.
He's just an autist who can't understand that people don't always agree with him or his evaluations.

Reactions: freedom and Laufen

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I don't think you get it....you will love this stuff as soon as some popular neckbeard endorses it. Until then, shut up plebe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Reactions: oio and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't think you get it....you will love this stuff as soon as some popular neckbeard endorses it. Until then, shut up plebe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A
Is the bearded doctor wearing a shemagh? That might sway my opinion.

Reactions: Strider12 and Shemp