Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Thanks to Hirt's Defensive Solutions for the giveaway. I am looking forward to attending next weekend and will try to post pics and vids from event. @CHirt is located in White, GA and hosts an array of training courses. Visit www.hirtsdefensivesolutions.com for more details.

Reactions: CHirt

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Gonna be a fun Sunday at the range! Bringing some toys to play with and share with other students! @CHirt should enjoy the extra fun and give something for people to talk about. I felt like I was loading up for war with all the mags I loaded last night. Hopefully we will get some videos to post for Set's YouTube channel.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Okay, late on the review! @CHirt is a stand up guy. I had no idea what to expect and when I 1st pulled up to the location it looked like we would be in a garage classroom. Imagine my surprise when we head back to a nice large classroom with overhead projector 3 rows of tables and material in a 3 ring binder rather than stapled or clipped together. I was only student in class for day one so I was a little spoiled with 1 on 1 attention. Carl made the dry material informative and entertaining to get through. His personable and down to earth approach kept the experience professional yet made it his own.

Day 2 had 3 other students joining me to complete the classroom training. Even with the additional people in the class he did not change his style and it still felt 1 on1. Some of the excersises required each person to teach a segment of the material and Carl always ended each with a review of the presentation. The process was positive feedback and improvements with no criticism or negativity. We finished up about 1pm and headed to the range in Powder Springs.

The range is on private property and about 45 mins from classroom. Carl helped us sight in rifles if necessary so we had some time to get our shooting faces on prior to qualifying. Everyone was helpful with sighting in and giving feedback and tips. I realized I need to get glasses and also spend more time shooting. We were allowed to shoot when we were ready and not going by a numbered list as to who went 1st, 2nd 3rd etc. Carl runs a very safe range and at NO time did I feel otherwise. He also gives everyone the benefit of the doubt about safe handling of loaded firearms.

Once qualifying was completed we broke out the toys. We got through about 5 drums of 9mm with Mac when cops had been called. Landowner and Carl went up and talked to officer and handled situation. We had to Mac up. He then spent 45 mins giving us a preview of his other classes by running through a couple of rifle drills. We finally ended day by picking up brass and making sure range was as clean as when we got there. We hit range at 2:30 pm and started packing up at 7:30 pm.

We were free to leave after qualifying bit had such a good time it was hard to pull away. Overall I was very pleased and impressed with the level of commitment Carl puts into his courses and will be taking more courses with him. Not sure about taking more NRA based classes but want to learn from his rifle and pistol courses. He is located in White Georgia which should appeal to the N Ga SET members. I highly recommend giving one of his classes a try. For more info check out https://www.hirtsdefensivesolutions.com and @dougiemac can give you reference as well.

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: dougiemac and CHirt