Nov. 4 Blackout Drill

Rwjeter

Mr. Freeze for mod 2018!
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
What the hell is going on? What can we expect? How will it affect us? I have been trying to read up on it and everything is very vague on the tests they’re conducting. Either that or they’re saying it’s to take steam from Antifa. Either way, I don’t care, I think it’s a step in the right direction for making preparations for such a disastrous event as an EMP, but what do I need to plan for?

Huddy

Marksman
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I find it interesting that this is only recently being planned...even though the official report on potential dangers of an EMP was released years ago. Short of shutting down telecommunication satellites, turning off the power grid, and turning off all internet access...I am not really sure how they are going to "simulate" such an event.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Mr. Freeze for mod 2018!
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I find it interesting that this is only recently being planned...even though the official report on potential dangers of an EMP was released years ago. Short of shutting down telecommunication satellites, turning off the power grid, and turning off all internet access...I am not really sure how they are going to "simulate" such an event.
Agreed. And you know they wouldn’t go that far. Startup would be a nightmare. Not to mention it hasn’t been broadcast enough for people to know about it/plan. Can you imagine the panic it would cause if they just did something that extreme with as little public awareness as there is. No one at work knew what I was talking about when I asked them about it.

Reactions: Huddy

Huddy

Marksman
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I've had similar response when I've asked friends. There is no way to simulate an EMP event...so I don't know why it is being talked about.

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Agreed. And you know they wouldn’t go that far. Startup would be a nightmare. Not to mention it hasn’t been broadcast enough for people to know about it/plan. Can you imagine the panic it would cause if they just did something that extreme with as little public awareness as there is. No one at work knew what I was talking about when I asked them about it.
Maybe they are hoping for the panic.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Kaotiktribe

Tracker
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
I will be at the taste of Kennesaw stuffing my face with the fam lol

Those fucking lib hippies dont scare me lol

Last edited:

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I imagine they are just doing this to test how reliable some of their communication methods will be when the normal stuff goes down. It will be nothing.