No glow game cameras, what have you had luck using?

Faktory 47

the_great_white

High Drag - Low Speed Operator
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
The Interwebs!
You know anything about gator hunting? I'm getting my tag this year finally.
Enough to know I don't want to be in a boat with one.....lol
Never been, I'd like to but we always knew folks who did growing up in Louisiana. Wasn't no season...well there was, but there wasnt....wink wink. Gator steaks on the grill!

Reactions: dial1911 and karlvv

erkinator

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Even the expensive ones are made in chyna now. It's our own fault. If I was a man of means I'd get the cellular ones. Keep the scent out.
my hunting buddy just bought 2 of those,spypoint I think. Gonna see how that works out. I bought a Covert model,lets see what happens. Thing is those off brand chinese ones have no place to lock them up molded into the back.

Reactions: karlvv

erkinator

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Been running cameras for a long time and this is the order of things i consider when i look for new ones

1. Battery life <--- this to me is the most important factor. i don't want to have to spend $100 a year on batteries
2. Trigger speed <----time it takes motion to activate
3. picture quality <------picture quality is not at the top of my list because if the batteries are dead or it doesnt trigger fast enough, you wont get a picture anyway
4. any other feature you would like it to have.
I like the no glow, my old moultrie had red glow and deer would see it. Many pics of them coming in dead stare.They say they can`t see red buttttt. I like password protection and viewing screen.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
You know anything about gator hunting? I'm getting my tag this year finally.

I'm not quite there yet, but i think hiring a guide is worth it.

Look at the DNR stats for successful tags filled.... it's a really bad percentage.

Reactions: karlvv

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I'm not quite there yet, but i think hiring a guide is worth it.

Look at the DNR stats for successful tags filled.... it's a really bad percentage.

I'm not letting 6 years go to waste. I'm getting a gator. 1 way or another.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
I'm not letting 6 years go to waste. I'm getting a gator. 1 way or another.

That's what I'm saying. I think I'm on year 4. When my name gets called, I'm hiring a guide that has a good record of filling tags.

Dude i shoot with has a lot of property. I was taking about tags and he says "just come over to my house and kill a few... swamp is over run with them."