Nightforce NX8 1-8x24mm FC-MOA

American Revival Apparel Company

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Received it last week. Got it mounted up in a 20MOA Nightforce Unimount last night.

The scope weighs 17oz........mount and scope together weigh 24oz, according to my postal scale. Size and weight were the main reasons I went with the NX8 instead of the ATACR 1-8x24mm. I also prefered the illumination and eye box on the NX8.

The center dot and segmented ring of the FC-MOA reticle illuminates. With the scope being FFP, at 1x the illuminated portion makes a sort of irregularly-shaped RDS. This should work just fine for close range work. It adjusts very bright and I do not see any issues with it washing out in bright sunlight.

The illumination settings have an “off” setting in between each one. I like this feature very much. No dialing all the way to one end to shut it off.

At 8x, the center dot is 1.25MOA and the segmented center ring is 8MOA. Overall, there are 50MO of hash marks left and right of center, and 60MOA going down.

I’ll have more impressions once I get some range time.

Reactions: Laufen and Red Dawn

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
It will be a 16” SPR-ish build I put together myself; BRT SPR 16” barrel, Vltor MUR upper, SOLGW lower, Geissele Mk8 rail.

damn, i’ve been out of the build game so long...BRT is...???