NEW Sig Wizards Sleeve

Howard Law

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Almost 2g for that, not in this lifetime....

Reactions: Laufen

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I don't understand. What is the attraction of 3.5" barreled 9mm pistol that is 14" long & weighs 4.5 lbs? Serious question.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Increased accuracy and capacity over a standard pistol.
I guess what confuses me is with a 20 rd mag, it's not that much higher capacity than many double stack 9mm and since it's not a 'belt carry' handgun, why not a longer barrel. Again, I'm not trying to argue and I'm sure it'd would be a hoot to shoot. I'm just not sure of its niche.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Maybe I could see it for suppressor use but what can this do that a, pardon me for saying this, a Glock 17 could do in the hands of a trained marksman?

I'm not the target market for sure and I LOVE pistol caliber carbines...

Too much MSRP for a range toy for my stable.

Reactions: dial1911 and Grunk

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Maybe I could see it for suppressor use but what can this do that a, pardon me for saying this, a Glock 17 could do in the hands of a trained marksman?

I'm not the target market for sure and I LOVE pistol caliber carbines...

Too much MSRP for a range toy for my stable.

AR9 carbines are too cheap for this to be a serious option for anyone other than a real Sig purist. Said by the owner of a HK SP5K.

Reactions: Grunk and Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I just can’t Believe nobody has mentioned how ugly it is. Sheesh, it would scare the shit out of me every time I opened the safe.

Reactions: 1776 and Leshaire

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I guess what confuses me is with a 20 rd mag, it's not that much higher capacity than many double stack 9mm and since it's not a 'belt carry' handgun, why not a longer barrel. Again, I'm not trying to argue and I'm sure it'd would be a hoot to shoot. I'm just not sure of its niche.

You can shoulder it and have greater accuracy, you have a wider range of optics available than the regular slide rider optics available for a handgun, less collateral damage with a PCC vs a rifle caliber, etc.. I definitely see the attraction to something like this, maybe just not this particular gun(especially from Sig) and at that price point.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
You can shoulder it and have greater accuracy, you have a wider range of optics available than the regular slide rider optics available for a handgun, less collateral damage with a PCC vs a rifle caliber, etc.. I definitely see the attraction to something like this, maybe just not this particular gun(especially from Sig) and at that price point.
I get that. I guess for me it would be worth the extra three hundred for the PSB. Yeah, it weighs a pound and a half more but you get a 4.5" barrel, the brace is 3 position vs. fixed and 30rd capacity. :noidea:

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
As much as hate sig, the mpx is a pretty damn good rifle now that they sorted it out. An AR9 doesnt even come close in how soft the recoil impulse is. The mpx is even softer than my apc9, but i still refuse to buy another sig. The mpx still eats triggers though. This model is comically ugly IMO. A different muzzle device, paint it black and slap on a stock and it would be better.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Better question. Why a longer barrel?? 9mm performs best around 4". Why would you want to make it longer??

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Sig Copperhead with wizards sleeve magwell. :sick:

Only $1835 msrp Yikes Sig.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mpx-copperhead.html
My thoughts:
-The bolt catch and mag release controls look super recessed and more difficult to manipulate.
-The front of the gun is hideous and you guys know I'm all about looks.
-$1800 for a super compact, take it home today (bc pistol), big name brand, etc PDW isn't far off from the industry. I don't see the gripe here really other than if anything I think Sig is always overpriced.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
My thoughts:
-The bolt catch and mag release controls look super recessed and more difficult to manipulate.
-The front of the gun is hideous and you guys know I'm all about looks.
-$1800 for a super compact, take it home today (bc pistol), big name brand, etc PDW isn't far off from the industry. I don't see the gripe here really other than if anything I think Sig is always overpriced.
As mentioned before, B&T makes a superior gun mechanically and comes in at $400 less than the Sig.

I get it though, Sig drops a lot on R&D and that costs a lot of money.............but this looks like a Taurus or Mossberg.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
As mentioned before, B&T makes a superior gun mechanically and comes in at $400 less than the Sig.

I get it though, Sig drops a lot on R&D and that costs a lot of money.............but this looks like a Taurus or Mossberg.
What I said was, "...isn't far off from the industry". I still stand by $400 is definable by, "not far off". Not only that, I'm sure actual retail price will be significantly less, just like nearly every other gun in existence.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What I said was, "...isn't far off from the industry". I still stand by $400 is definable by, "not far off". Not only that, I'm sure actual retail price will be significantly less, just like nearly every other gun in existence.
I heard ya hippie!!

:D

Reactions: dial1911