Need the fascia replaced

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code
I need the fascia replaced on the back of my house, it is about 4 stories tall at the back of my house. So id need a professional installation.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I'll take more pictures later if anyone wants to see the back of the house and how high up the gutter is.
Looks more like the gutters are about to fall off based on how far out the nails are sticking.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Problem is that I leave on Tuesday. Not sure when I'll be back. And I don't want to work on my house in 90 degree weather, 40 feet in the air, call me crazy.
We are definitely on the same page there.

Only actual piece of advice I have is that whoever you find to do the replacement, make sure they use concrete board (Hardie board) for the fascia... it will never rot.

Given the way the gutter has pulled away, I'm guessing the builder just put a 1x across the rafter tails. The best way to do fascia is to put a 2x (2x6, whatever fits the tails) up as subfascia and then put the "weather proofing board" on the face of that. May be too late depending on where your roof deck/shingles end (the waterproof overhang). Just my thoughts- I'd ask the contractor to price the job with a 2x subfascia with a 1x Hardie board on top of that. Hardie board is continuous while the 2x subfascia may have to be pieced between the rafter tails.

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
I'll take more pictures later if anyone wants to see the back of the house and how high up the gutter is.
Looks more like the gutters are about to fall off based on how far out the nails are sticking.
Based on the photo I'm betting that the fascia is probably fine. The problem is more likely just that the nails have pulled loose over time. Re-attaching the gutters with screw in hangers should take care of things.